Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Nightmare about v* - graphic.

Currently 3:30am here and I've just woken for the 3rd time tonight and this time it was from a horrid nightmare.

I'm starting uni at 9am today and I think I'm in overdrive with how stressed I am. The nightmare has freaked me completely out

It's based on my university staircase, I'm coming down and I'm about halfway to the ground floor. Out of nowhere, this younger boy and his friend are rushing, but the younger boy is clearly going to be too late and is getting closer to me with his hand over his mouth and his friend beginning to panic. I scream in terror and run away from them back up the stairs to find someone else doing the exact same thing!! By this point I can hear the first person v* and the second one about too. Then it's full on panic in my dream and I'm screaming feeling utterly trapped and freaked about it.

I wake up and the invasive thoughts are in overdrive and I'm convinced I'm about to catch something myself at uni (which was already a fear I had about going today)

Now that I haven't slept well either I just know I'm going to have a crappy day I'm sorry for being graphic but it helps get it off my chest.

This fear is all consuming at times.

Default Re: Nightmare about v* - graphic.

Ive had dreams that seemed so life likely but never happened Its almost your brain coagulating everything you remember into one. I wouldn't take it as a sign or anything. Sorry it happened,
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Default Re: Nightmare about v* - graphic.

Don't let your dream scare you so much. I know easier said than done. But remember it was just a dream. Your phobia is on your mind a lot with school and it getting to that time of year when illnesses become more common. Do your best to protect you by keeping yiur hands away from your face and washing yiur hands. I know you said you weren't able to get enough sleep and don't think your day will go well now but if you go into saying yes I am scared but those were dreams not reality and I will do what I can to protect myself and that you will have a good day you may surprise yourself. It isbwhat you make of it. What lack of sleep usually does is make your phobia more suffocating but just let yourself know that its all lack of sleep and that you are safe. Find something you like and repeat it if you start feeling out of sorts with panic. For me it has always been the Lords Prayer. Ill say that over and over and do a small gentle motion with my thumb and index finger. Rubbing them together slowly. It all helps to relax me. Try something like that. When I am home and can I will pace and pray. Until I am calm.
    Good luck to you today and keep me posted on how you did. Hold your head up high and know you will be fine.