Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Thrive Programme?

Since opening up to my parents about just how bad my anxiety can be I've been pushed into going to the doctors to be referred for therapy. Sadly my doctors aren't the most helpful bunch of people. I've been looking at alternative options that I might be able to organise myself.

Basically I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried or knows anything about the Thrive Programme for Emetophobic's. I'd never heard of it before until I stumbled across a book about it. My town actually has a consultant for this programme and I didn't know if it was worth getting in touch with her to see if she could help me. I'm quite apprehensive about going to see someone just because I've heard horrible stories about some therapies (mostly exposure therapy). I just want some reassurance from someone who might have tried this before.

Default Re: Thrive Programme?

If your town has a consultant for it, I would go to that person and go through the book. The book is really beneficial. Ive read almost it all, but its like when you get hung up its easy to stop but if you are going through it with some one else. It makes me a lot easier. Its DEFIANTLY worth a try!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Default Re: Thrive Programme?

Thank you, I'm going to try and get hold of her sometimes this week to try and get an appointment. I know what you mean about stopping when things get hard, i'm prone to dong that so hopefully having someone to push me though that will help.