Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Really triggered and upset

Hi all, I witnessed a very tramatic *V episode at work today and am very shaken to the point of tears. I am scared, I am not calm. It is very fresh in my mind. I cannot calm myself.

Default Re: Really triggered and upset

What happened? Are you comfortable to talk about it?

I am so sorry that you witnessed that. I too would be terrified and upset. You are at home now and safe. Remember that. And you are going to survive this. Try to find things you enjoy to do to get your mind focused elsewhere. And remember just because they v doesn't mean it's something you will catch. Deep breaths. Prayers to you.

I am not safe or calm. I am not in control. Very terrorized. A child got sick for hours non stop..my heart feels like its going to come out of my chest

I know that had to be very tramatic but when I said that iu are safe now I am saying it because that expirence is over. I know it scarred you emotionally but you arent there with it anymore. Now is the time to talk about everything and find things that calm you. You can become in control. Do you have anything that helps to relax you? When I am at my worse for instance I repeat the Lords Prayer. And I do it for as long as it takes. When I sent to counseling I learned that the person I become when I am full of anxiety is like the little child in me. And the me I am now..the adult..needs to soothe that child. To calm her. And honestly I do a dialogue that helps me. I will say things like Michelle sweetie..I know how terrified you are but in all honesty you are safe..because I am here. And I won't let anything happen to you. I continue this too with all sorts of gentle words until I calm. And then I start thinking hey...I am in control. I would be letting myself know in your situation that child doesn't necessarily have something I could catch. And even if it did..doesn't mean I will get it or even the same symptoms. Kuds get things differently in a lot of ways than what adults do because their immune systems aren't as developed as ours. I hope some of this helped you some.

I'm so sorry. I know that was very traumatic for you. Just remember it will get better with time. Do anything to take your mind off it, take a day off work if possible tomorrow.

Now tonight my stomach is hurting and burning and not feeling good. I'm terrified that I got it! I had Ibuprofen for cramps but took it food, and usually don't have an issue when take it with food!