Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Medical Marijuana?

I'm curious if anyone has gotten a medical cannabis recommendation because of emetophobia. I live in Washington and I frequently use "recreational" marijuana, and it has helped a lot with my anxiety and nausea pertaining to my phobia. I am thinking about visiting a cannabis-friendly doctor to ask about it, but first I wanted to know if anyone else has tried this.

Default Re: Medical Marijuana?

unfortunately, I live in a place that has no recreation, but I still use it. I can honestly say it helps me a great deal.. You should go for it, go get your card and use it for that, cause its nothing but positive !
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

I use "medical" marijuana nightly, but I use it to fall asleep because I've always had insomnia/sleeping problems. To be honest, it can make me more anxious at times, especially in social situations but of course it affects everybody differently. Obviously it can do wonders for people with anxiety too. It's an interesting drug in that way. But if you find that it has helped you, definitely get your card! It's very easy to get to be honest lol. I told the doctor I had insomnia and menstrual cramps, which I do. Got my prescription easy. Try out different strains and see what affects you best.

I also wanted to add, I'm surprised this topic isn't brought up more on this forum because of MJ's easing of nausea and anxiety. Maybe its considered taboo or something here, but I don't think it should be. Just because it's illegal doesn't mean its bad, honestly it's a much healthier thing than the addictive pills with crazy side effects our doctors try to put us on. I realize its not as readily available in a lot of places that it is in California or Washington, which is a shame. I am 100% in support of marijuana legalization. It helps so many people.

I believe medical cannabis will be the law of the land in my home state of Florida after the November elections, but unfortunately the law is written so narrowly that it probably won't allow such easy access for all people with medical conditions that may be helped by medical marijuana. It will probably only be useful for cancer and AIDS patients, glaucoma, etc, not for anxiety and other conditiond for which FDA approved stuff "works" "as well." I think when people see that the world doesn't come to an end, there will be more of an opportunity for a further liberalization of the law. It is kind of considered a frowned upon topic, because no one wants to encourage the kids to rebel against their parents and try illegal substances, harmful or not. I agree with Collie though, it may be no more harmful than many of our approved anti anxiety meds available everywhere. All substances with the capacity to heal can also harm, with very few exceptions.

I've wanted to try it so bad for my anxiety and appetite but I know that people with virgin lungs green out sometimes from smoking especially if it makes me cough a lot so that's the only reason I've not tried it, also because I believe there's no positive long term side effects of marijuana

I wish I could get marijuana to make me feel better, but I always just get paranoid and anxious from it. I had one night where I choked when inhaling (about 7 years ago now), and the rest of that night I was in a frenzy terrified that I'd get sick. Just associated it with that ever since. I've tried to smoke again here and there but I just get anxious every time.

Quote Originally Posted by rrosedawsonn View Post
    I've wanted to try it so bad for my anxiety and appetite but I know that people with virgin lungs green out sometimes from smoking especially if it makes me cough a lot so that's the only reason I've not tried it, also because I believe there's no positive long term side effects of marijuana
    you can take it in with a vaporizer or by eating it, even pill form. You don't have to smoke it!
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

You're right I have thought about using a vape, and I know that you can eat it but also my pot head friends have said for first time it's not a good idea because it's a deeper high internally and it'd trip me out and make me sick :b I don't have an official medical Mary j building in my city either the closest is Vancouver but I can easily go down there and get a card so I can legally buy it.. I think,

Yeah I wouldn't suggest eating it. Edibles are sooooooooooo strong and you never know how hard its gonna hit you because it takes awhile to kick in. And it lasts forever. I smoke almost every day, but the few times i've tried edibles i've had horrible experiences! I am a naturally anxious person, and it just amplified my anxiety times a million.

I never had a bad edible experience, it DOES take a while to kick in though. Like at least an hour. I made the mistake of eating two after I felt like the first one wasn't gonna kick in and well, That was interesting. But I slept very well lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeNight View Post
    I never had a bad edible experience, it DOES take a while to kick in though. Like at least an hour. I made the mistake of eating two after I felt like the first one wasn't gonna kick in and well, That was interesting. But I slept very well lol.
    haha yeah my bf loves them too and always have a great time. i'll take the same amount as him, or even less and i'll have like a 12 hour panic attack. its weird how differently it can affect people.

The time I ate the second one, I live near an airport and every time a plane would land the sound would last in my head for at least 10 minutes after. It was the strangest thing which freaked me out that I was hallucinating airplanes.... I was tripping though, definitely. But if I smoke it's soley to calm myself down or sleep.

I actually know someone who said he used it when he had noro and it helped the nausea a lot.
    I have tried it recreationally once, and was really amazed how effective it was for anxiety. Better than any prescription medication I've been given, and I've taken a few!
    It does have side effects, though. It was very hard to concentrate while on it, so it's not something I'd be able to use regularly as an anxiety medication and still function.

I think my state is going to legalize medical on Nov. 4th (at least I will be voting in favor and there seems to be broad support) but unfortunately it won't be as broad of coverage as in some of these other states, only for really really sick people (think AIDS, cancer, chemo, etc). It's one step in the right direction.