Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Can I kiss my boyfriend?

So my boyfriend v* twice last Thursday morning, slept all day and said he felt dizzy.
    We have no idea what caused it, but I've just been going with worst case scenario that he had some sort of bug?
    I saw him the evening before the morning he was unwell and kissed him goodbye, I also saw him Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning and gave him a couple of kisses before he left to go back to uni on the Sunday, but nothing really intimate. It is now Tuesday and I'm worrying because I'm going to see him on Thursday afternoon.

I know I gave him a kiss on Sunday, but will I definatly be safe to kiss him and have close contact on Thursday? (A week after he v*) I was worrying I might catch what he had after giving him a quick kiss on Sunday, but seem to be fine so far and it's now Tuesday evening, so do you think I'll be ok?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Default Re: Can I kiss my boyfriend?

I think you will be fine. First if you haven't gotten sick you are probably in the clear and second by Thursday everything is fine. A person is only contagious for up to 72 hours after. Except they can carry the virus in their bowel movements for two weeks if its noro which it doesn't sound like just giving you that info. So yes in my opinion I wouldn't worry about it.

Default Re: Can I kiss my boyfriend?

From what I understand, the only time a kiss can be contagious is if you kiss someone within 24 hours or so after they v*, only because there could still be v* particles in their saliva. Totally safe to kiss him. I kissed my husband just 3 days after he had noro this past March. You will be fine.