Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation food poisoning please HELP

Ok, so today I touched raw ground beef with a finger on my left hand on accident (i don't remember which finger it was or anything) and my mom said to wash my hands if I felt grossed out. So I was over by the sink and I saw some noodles left over in the pan and reached in and took some out with my hand I just touched the raw ground beef with and put the noodles in my mouth. Too late I realized I had made a terrible mistake, and now I am freaking out. Will I be ok????? I didn't like lick my fingers or anything, and I only touched the ground beef with 2 fingers but I am feeling paranoid I am so terrified can someone help me???

Default Re: food poisoning please HELP

people actually eat raw meat all the time so it isn't a big deal. I'd worry if it was chicken. I think you'll be ok.

I agree- raw beef is not nearly as dangerous as raw or undercooked chicken/pork. I have a co-worker who has family in Europe and they eat their steaks practically raw.

Funny you mentioned this... my husband made hamburgers last night (like 30 hours ago) and he didn't check to see if they were cooked all the way. Mine was waaaayy to rare so I put it in the microwave. He decided he was so hungry that he didn't care. He ate it while it was super pinkish red in the middle and he is fine.

I used to steal bits of raw hamburger out of the bowl when I was little. (gag. lol) It never made me sick.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ