Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi. I took off for a while. I went to med school. I am in my first semester. I am around people all the time!!! Crowds of people. Patients, etc. WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING. Not to mention I am alone and have had diarhea ALL DAY.

I dont understand it. I feel like I have a low grade fever. AND I have been kind of woozy all day. What do you guys think it is??? I am so scared! I ate pizza that was sort of greasy last night. Wouldthat do it???? I had alot of Bms in the moring, then started to get diarhea. I didnt get it for about eight more hours. I got home at 500 and went twice D*. Now I am afraid I might V* I hate this time of year! I was starving when I got home and started eating campbells chili. Then all of a suddent the D* Came back. I keep thinking I am going to V* If I do I am going to be all alone!!!!!! I am so afraid PLEASE HELP ME!

Hey there. I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. Try really hard not to let yourself panic. How are you feeling? Have you taken your temperature? Don't be afraid, we are here for you. You are not alone.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I cant find my thermometor. I have flushed cheeks and I feel slightly above normal warm. I also am on my period which usualy constipates me because I take so much motrin. I dont know whats going on. If I did have a bad fever the motrin is probably keeping it lower then it realy is.

What do you guys think it is? Would I have V by now?

You're the opposite of me. When I'm sick I just want to be alone. But don't worry we're here for you! You aren't alone! Just like Shiva said...how do you feel now? Any better?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I took a xanax, and was sucking on a sucker. I havent had D again yet. I sat on the toliet and nothing happend. I am so scared to sleep tonight. I also have to see a patient tommorow and tell them they have rectal cancer. Oh god I feel like I might have to go again..... UGH!!!! I hate not knowing what is wrong with my body.

Does your stomach hurt or have you only had diarhea? Do you feel sick? I would say that if you were going to be sick in that way you probably would have done so by now.

How are you holding up?
    \"This too shall pass\"

I am like you, I CANNOT be sick and be alone. It's never happened. So, I can understand your panic. Just try to stay calm. What can you do to get your mind off of it? Are you at home? Are there any movies you can throw in and watch?
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hey...besides whats going on right now how are you doing?? How's State??

It sounds to me like you might be stressed. Stress will cause d* and make your body temp go up, or feel like it's gone up. If you want you can always call me if you still have my number. I think you probably would of v* by now if you were going to. Feel better

Michele

Hey guys, Its so nice to know that you are still around. My stomach doesnt hurt. I didnt realy get any cramping before the diarhea. I dont feel nausieated yet. Last time I got a sv I had diarheal first, then I v about 3-4hrs later. This is why i am so scared!

Mitch, State is good except for my emet. It is a battle every day. I am in close contact with people every day. The hours are draining and I dont eat well cause my emet has made me afraid to eat just about everything. I lost some weight. I have not been this thin since middle school. Sometimes I cant believe I decided to come here to be a doctor. The worst possible profession fo an emet!!!Anyway, How are you Mitch?

Being on your period can also cause d*, and maybe having to tell the poor man he has cancer is stressing you out much more than you think.

Feel better soon!!
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

I am doing pretty good. I had to have surgery again on my kideny that was on october 10th, and I have to have it one more time before I am completly cured...at least that's what they say, but I'll believe it when I see it. Other than that me and my boyfriend ate doing well, and I just started a new job last week as a 911 dispatcher. It seems pretty cool, and its nice to be working again. Thanks for asking. Hope you feel better, stay in touch, and the funny thing was, I was just thinking about you today wondering how you were.

Michele

Awww Michelle,

Sorry to hear about your kidney . It does sound like you are on your way to feeling better! I am so happy to hear that you are working again! Congrats Sweety! Thanks for thinking about me. I think about you guys all the time. I stopped coming here cause alot of times it makes my obsession worse. It fuels it. Iam just forcing myself not to read the bad posts that might freak me out. Take care hun. It was nice to hear from you[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

lol i like to be alone too..i hate being around people when im feeling s*...it feels like it makes it worsee!
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

I like to be alone as well. I hate anyone around me and I get much more s* feeling if there are people.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

Udate: Still have the runs, no fever no nausuea, dont know what the deal is

wow.. maybe it is just something hormonal. nontheless, i am glad you are feeling okay and no experiencing yukkie feelings. hopefully it will just pass.
    \"This too shall pass\"

whenever I get on my period I always have d* and it's horrible
    >.< I also have IBS, so that doesn't help none at all either. You
    sound like you're going to be just fine! I'm sure if you were going to
    v* you would have by now, but it also could be something you ate. My
    hubby is having an attack of the runs right now too >.< But he
    ate too much greasy food and so therefore that always happens to him.
    Hang in there hon!

Day three, freaking out, still have it. Might go to doctors.

Hope you're feeling better mak79007.. it's just the body's way of expelling toxins right? Goodluck with med school.. you can do it. I'm in dental school and I'm an emetophobe, how great is that? [img]smileys/smilies_25.gif[/img]

How are you feeling?

\"This too shall pass\"

i have had D* on and off for a week. Mine is stress from everyone here being sick...my son had a bad cough and V*'d 2 weeks ago, my husband had D* and V* last week and my son spent all day yesterday V*ing. I had D* this a.m., and I took an Imodium and i'm better. I have had D* so much lately, but I take the drug and go on. I think i have gotten so used to having D* that I don't pay attention to it anymore.

I hope you feel better and I am sorry that it has lasted so long. Are you able to eat? Try rice...boiled in chicken broth...it tightens up bad poop.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

Thanks Gubba,

I am so sorry everyone is getting sick around. It can make you feel so trapped and scared. That situation happens to me several times every fall/winter. Its a waiting game. It is horrible. I ate a turkey cheese sandwhich and some carrots with pb. No D yet for the past 6-8hours but I feel nervous and I have a headache. I feel doomed. Its only november. Hang in there. Ill try to do the same.

its the period maybe but i have no answers

maybe its a form of ibs? Ibs is stressed related and im pretty sure med
    school if pretty stressfull. I have ibs too and it can flare up and be
    just how you described it. Im pretty sure you would have been sick by
    now.

I want to be a doctor too, im currently studying biomedical science
    degree but i want to go to med school after. If you ever want to chat
    my msn address is [email protected], it would be great to chat
    to another emet doctor wannabe. lol we must be crazy :P

I'm sorry you are going thru this. 6-8 hours w/ no d* sounds like a good sign. You could be headachy and stuff because d* can take alot out of you especially for so many days. Can you take a day or two off and just recouperate (sp?)? Ona side note, you really should be soooo proud of yourself for going to med school! I couldn't do it! Hell I couldn't even get thru all the sciences you'd have to take! CONGRATULATIONS!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Wait a second. I'm still trying to figure out how you can diagnose rectal cancer but.....................

And the foods you are eating!!! Greasy Pizza & Chili...! those are supposed to give people the runs.

Edited by: liriodendron