Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Boyfriend ill

Default Boyfriend ill

So I'm leaving for uni this Saturday and my boyfriend wants to meet up tomorrow, seeing as it's the last time I'll see him potentially for weeks. I'll miss him so much and I'm desperate to see him - the only problem is, I'm 99% sure he's getting sick.

He's been complaining all evening of stomach pains, and saying he needs to v*. Yet he still wants to see me. I'm really reluctant to meet under these conditions, I'm already anxious enough about leaving for uni without worrying I'll catch something off him.

Should I just man up and see him? If so, what precautions should I take? If not, how do I tell him? He knows about my emet but I don't like to talk about it too much. Advice anyone?

Default Re: Boyfriend ill

If it was me, I would not see him. Say your sorry but your afraid and don't want to get sick and be stressed going to school. But make a special trip in a few weeks maybe just for him and make it really special.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Default Re: Boyfriend ill

I agree with mhartse, I wouldn't go either. Is he still n?
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."