Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Questions!

Default Questions!

Is there a technique to go years without v*. Sv* is transferred by food and touching things. There has to be away to avoid it.

Default Re: Questions!

Wash hands before eating, keep hands away from face, there is a fact sheet somewhere on here. You will notice some people on there signatures a ticker saying how long ago it was since someone V*... also, some take Vitamin C and D. Eating healthy, don't share drinks or utensils, I will find the fact sheet. Some words might be, triggering. I use a word filter, to block out the words.
    http://www.emetophobia.org/showthrea...orovirus-Facts
    Last edited by khernández99; 09-21-2014 at 08:43 PM.
    Original Register Date w/Old Account: 27 December 2012.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

The thing is about v*: what freaks me out is do I have it or is this just my mind? Or anxiety? When it is in my mind it still feels like the real thing. I feel like this every day.

If this is a daily thing then it it anxiety most likely. Anxiety can do this. I'm on my way to school, on the bus. My anxiety is high at times... at the moment I'm not feeling well. Which makes my anxiety worse. So it is most likely anxiety.
    Original Register Date w/Old Account: 27 December 2012.

This REALLY Reassured me! 

It is impossible to get infected by Norovirus in any of the following ways:

1. Being “near” someone who has it, including co-workers or friends

2. Being on a plane with people who have it

3. Breathing the same air as someone who has it

4. Being in the same building as someone who has it

5. Walking past a pool of vomit on the floor, road or sidewalk

6. Having sexual relations with an infected person

7. Having a cut in your skin

8. Sitting on a toilet seat, or catching it through your rectum or genitalia
    9. Kissing someone who is not yet showing symptoms (Note: it may be possible to catch it from someone who has recently vomited by kissing them, as viral particles may be in their mouth from vomitus. But the virus is not transmitted through saliva.)

10. Sharing cups or utensils with someone who has the virus but isn’t showing symptoms (Note: It’s not recommend that you share drinks or utensils with someone anyway. Many other diseases can be transmitted this way – and some are more serious than Norovirus. However if you have shared a cup or fork with someone, then find out later that they have subsequently developed symptoms of a Norovirus, there is no need to fear.)