Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default And so it begins

Seriously people?? Ugh! why can't I just scroll on Facebook without seeing somebody's SV posts..?! I have seen 5 posts alone regarding this..why do people feel the need to announce this crap all it does is make me extremely anxious,we all know it's out there but seeing posts like that send me in to overdrive..I have gone to the extremes of actually deleting people who talk about their stomach virus on Facebook and they wonder why I delete them and I'm almost embarrassed to admit to why..I am really tired of being a freak
    Last edited by hlov2; 09-25-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Default Re: And so it begins

where do you live in the us? dude I'm lucky that my friends don't post that sort of stuff usually and most of my mom friends know I'm emet.

Tennessee..

That sucks... I have only heard of one case so far, and that was today... My desk mates were talking about a friend who went home today because she was "exploding from both ends". Oh well, We'll make it. Stay strong!
    Call me Koi or Koiz
    I use my phone for this site 65% of the time so if I do not respond on chat, I am not ignoring you!!!

Thankfully we only seem to have the flu flu going around right now. I don't care if people post their sick but I hate the graphic post, I don't think most people want the details

I hate it too but the world does not revolve around our fear.

Its begining to do its rounds here too..Argh.
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

Yeah I know what you mean. So far, I've only seen one...and that was a thousand miles from me. But it was my husbands family posting it about her kid got sick in the car. GEE... THANKS FOR SHARING. TRIGGER...TRIGGER.

Then I just try to get it out of my head. UGH.

I don't know what to say because when my mate told me he was off school on Tuesday because he V* twice at school and once in the night, my anxiety was threw the roof... and I wasn't even at school!! I am also glad he told me because despite me being extra anxious leading up until Thursday (when I went in to school while he was there) and up until today where my family could have been exposed... it allowed me to avoid him while he could have been contagious and be more careful touching what could possibly be contaminated surfaces. As we are mates, I would probably at least had physical contact with him one way or another if he didn't tell me, increasing my chances.

What I am saying is, take it as a good thing and just avoid the people reporting it. I understand it is horrible and my anxiety was through the roof as well however it will allow you to be more careful and if you know who to avoid, it will decrease your chances of catching it. Just my two cents really.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknownSam View Post
    I don't know what to say because when my mate told me he was off school on Tuesday because he V* twice at school and once in the night, my anxiety was threw the roof... and I wasn't even at school!! I am also glad he told me because despite me being extra anxious leading up until Thursday (when I went in to school while he was there) and up until today where my family could have been exposed... it allowed me to avoid him while he could have been contagious and be more careful touching what could possibly be contaminated surfaces. As we are mates, I would probably at least had physical contact with him one way or another if he didn't tell me, increasing my chances.

What I am saying is, take it as a good thing and just avoid the people reporting it. I understand it is horrible and my anxiety was through the roof as well however it will allow you to be more careful and if you know who to avoid, it will decrease your chances of catching it. Just my two cents really.
    I know what you mean, I like knowing people are sick so I can avoid them or take extra precautions but I don't like the graphic post. *POSSIBLE TRIGGER * last spring someone posted a pic of their sick kid laying on the couch surrounded with buckets. I mean really? I'm sure your child will appreciate that when their older. What happen to a simple my daughter caught the stomach bug going around?