Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What should I do...?

I am not getting any "support" from the a. parents. They got rid of the Vitamin C things I have took. I'm stressing over things and while I'm not angry at the moment, It is sort of depressing to think I won't get any help until, at least 1-3 years from now. A few days ago, the a. Sister said that I worry about weird things. Which is, this phobia. She didn't believe me that there were many people that had Emetophobia she just knows a few people I talk too. (Lol)... and so I showed her IES. I thought I could trust her. Well, that was not the best thing in the world... she said that we were all weird for worrying and then she told the a. Mother... who also said that it seemed odd... so while I tried to prove my point that many people, not just 6 or 7 people, had Emetophobia... It didn't go as planned.

I tried saying I need some help. But they say that we don't know any therapists. I will ask the doctor, which I'm not really wanting to go to the doctors... but I will ask what to do. When we go whenever that is.

Now, I guess I will start on my work...
    Original Register Date w/Old Account: 27 December 2012.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: What should I do...?

can you talk to your school counselor? I'm sorry your family isn't more supportive. you deserve that.

Well, I don't even know if they would help because they would probably contact home, and I don't know if that would be beneficial. That, and I hear she does not help, and one girl came back to class crying about her problems and the school counselor didn't help her or something. :/ Unless I said for them not to tell?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am so sorry too that you dont have support at home. Do you have anyone that you trust that you could go talk to? Other than a school counselor...a friends parent..grandparent..aunt..uncle?
    Those people that call us weird are just upset because they don't have an amazing website to go to for help and support. Don't let them bother you. We may be weird but I look at is as being a good thing. We are unique. If everyone was the same we would be a boring planet. And it wiuld be hard to find a calm person in this case lol

Im sorry, this may be harsh, but I think your parents are basically neglecting you. If you broke your arm, I'm sure they would take you to the hospital and get you treated for it. If they ignored it, they would be charged with child neglect. A mental illness is just as real and debilitating as a broken arm. They are ignoring a very real problem and it's so sad and infuriating that they are doing this. I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this.

I agree Kimberly. I mean, it is something nobody likes or enjoys saying, but it is true. :/ I mean, a few months ago, the a. father said OCD was not a real thing, just something that was made up to make it seem like there was something wrong, like an excuse he said. I guess this is more like a supportive "family" or community. At least we can all support each other.

Also, no other family member is any help. I really don't want to go in detail, but it wouldn't work out. :/ I guess I will try to at least think about the guidance counselor's office.

I'm really sorry your family is being so unsupportive. some people don't believe mental illness is real which stigmatizes us even more. you have us and we support and care about you!!!

***hugs***

Thank you, Mdgirl, Kimberly, and Michelle.

Quote Originally Posted by khernández99 View Post
    I agree Kimberly. I mean, it is something nobody likes or enjoys saying, but it is true. :/ I mean, a few months ago, the a. father said OCD was not a real thing, just something that was made up to make it seem like there was something wrong, like an excuse he said. I guess this is more like a supportive "family" or community. At least we can all support each other.

Also, no other family member is any help. I really don't want to go in detail, but it wouldn't work out. :/ I guess I will try to at least think about the guidance counselor's office.
    That makes me upset. Im having to do a paper on OCD in my abnormal psych class and it is definitely a real thing. I'm not sure if the school counselor have to keep private the things you say to them or not but perhaps they could point you to a counselor who specializes in dealing with adolescents and their families

I really don't know what to do about school counseling. I don't know how the thing works, but someone told me it is like free therapy. Which I don't know if that is true or not. However, I might give that a try? At least I could talk to someone about it. The thing is, if they were to recommend family therapy, I don't know what questions and things would be involved.

Maybe if you talk to th school counselor, it will make your parents almost feel obligated to get you the help you need. It just makes sense because if you were being physically harmed at home, the school counselor would be the one to get you help, this may work as well. Gosh, Khernandez, I feel for you so much because I showed signs of anxiety from a very young age and my parents never did anything about it, thinking I was just a faze. It breaks my heart that you WANT help and know you NEED help but your parents are ignoring it. It pisses me off!

Yeah... It is stressful. I remember being little and being scared of getting ill, and they just sort of got aggravated. Even in public places.

I will see if I can talk to a counselor Monday. I will post how it goes.

Good luck, I'm sure everything will go well.