Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default New people, weak immune systems.

So I had a thought about noro this year. I live I a military community where most people are moving in and out In 2 to 3 years. Last year, noro kicked everyone's butt! Over 90% of our base caught it. The year before wasn't as bad but it was significant compared to anything I experienced in the states. I was hoping since it hit so hard last year it maybe wouldn't be so bad this year, but then I thought about all of the people that moved here this summer. There's a lot of newbies that did not get exposed last year. That's means a whole new herd for the virus to infect. Not that people are immune after having had it but I had hoped that the people that got it last year would be better about keeping clean and avoiding the spread. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Default Re: New people, weak immune systems.

I don't have much hope for people practicing good hygiene, being considerate of not spreading disease or even just using common sense. If after every bout of noro (or any other communicable disease) people learned, it wouldn't be as prevalent as it is.
    That said, I don't think you need to worry. Just wash your hands after being in public and if there is another outbreak make sure to be careful. Hopefully your base will put information out and increase their cleaning due to last year. Sorry I'm no help.

Default Re: New people, weak immune systems.

I was going to say why don't you put out a letter welcoming everyone and sone other things along with the Noro problems and how to keep it from spreading and how it is and what it is. Maybe bringing it to their attention will make them think. Make them know its more about them and not you people seem to respond to things like that. And no matter what use how you know to protect yourself and follow that. Washing hands..not sharing utensils or glasses..not putting hands around your face. Excetra. Good luck! Hopefully it won't be so bad this year.