Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Cool The Big D Questions

Hey everyone. I am posting this in OT because I have some questions about my husband. At least once a month give or take my husband will end up having a ton of gurgling and then explosive gas and d. I am having a hard time pin pointing exactly when it is starting. Sometines it appears to be when he eats too much especially bread pasta rolls cereal. Then other times it seems to be when he drinks milk or has too much ice cream I have also seen it when he drinks too much soda though. He is a typical guy that eats a lot of meat and carbs but doesn't do as well on veggies and fruits. He works very long shifts and sometimes he will eat before work and then not again until he gets home at 330am. This has gone on for as long as I have known him. Which is going on 7 years. I keep trying to get him to go to the dr and discuss it but being a guy..I dont do drs. I have seen him fall asleep in the past and have an accident to which he finally gets up cleans himself and has off and on bouts of gas and loose stools. Do you have any idea what could be causing this? He never seems to feel sick or have fevers and its too often to me for a virus..his dad also has similar troubles and they both if they over eat end up having rotten egg burps which also ends up leading to d. I read that is caused by meats rotting in the gut. Anyway..any advice would be appreciated. I so want him to talk to the dr. It has to be annoying if anything

Default Re: The Big D Questions

I would encourage him to see a doctor. It could be anything. Kind of sounds like IBS, but if a grown man is having accidents, thats not good. Could also be a food allergy? Only a doctor could tell!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Default Re: The Big D Questions

I have been trying to get him to go to the doctor. Men are so hard headed though!.I was thinking food allergy or possibly IBS with d. I know he doesn't eat fiber either. Oh and I don't want anyone to think he has accidents all of ths time. It's not often but he has had them. Thanks for you advice.