Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default being sick at work

My stomach just hurts ALL the time. It seems like every day I end up sitting in my office at work, wondering why my tummy doesn't feel right. I'm starting to learn that coffee is not my friend and have been trying to avoid it because otherwise I get bloated and feel terrible more often than not. The pain I feel now is very similar to the coffee tummy woes: it feels distended, like I need to pass gas, all below my belly button. I had a few sips of coffee from a coffee shop this a.m. during a breakfast meeting and almost immediately, my stomach started to ache. So I stopped sipping and almost 5 hours later, the discomfort is still there.

I just want to feel normal. I want to have a bloated, gassy tummy and go about my day knowing it was just coffee. But the reality is, I'm wondering if this tummy ache is related to the one I had last night? And if it's a precursor to getting a sv*. We got a company-wide email this morning saying 4 people were out with a stomach bug (!!!!!!!!!!!) and my panic is in overdrive. True to my anxious form, 'm linking today's tummy ache to last night's which I then linking to my co-workers who are sick.

Ugh. I hate this feeling (both emotionally and mentally). I'm getting ready go home and eat lunch and even though I'm hungry, I'm scared to eat.

Default Re: being sick at work

I would say if you're feeling hungry that it's a good sign of no sickness, then again I've never had sv, and I so know your frustration with coffee! About a month ago I was terribly sick seemingly every day that I had a cup, and a few hours later (like from 6-12!) hours later id feel sick. I've never gotten sick from coffee, just started to make me feel extremely terrible suddenly which bums me out because I used to always be able to handle coffee, but I'm thinking that it was the cream instead of the coffee itself. Anyways I stopped drinking it so often and I'm not as sick anymore. Sorry long coffee rant :b if you've kept your hands washed which I have confidence you have then I'm sure you're okay, think about the foods you've eaten lately because maybe they're the cause of your bloating. Hope you feel better

Default Re: being sick at work

Yeah I adore coffee but I've had to give it up altogether. It makes me so ill I actually think I've developed an intolerance to it. I agree though that if you feel like eating it isn't a bug probably just a bad combination of worrying about something going around your work and the caffiene. Hopefully you'll feel better after eating!