Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Scared

Default Scared

My daughter came home early from swim bc she v. I've been having d and am terrified!! Can't seem to calm down! Told hubby he's to be on call bc I'm a horrible mom who can't even take care of her own child and he's downstairs one floor away and I'm next room terrified she is getting sick again and he won't hear! And of course terrified that I'm going to v. Afraid to move out of bed. Ugh. So many spiraling thoughts!

Default Re: Scared

Oh honey, sorry you're struggling! What time is it where you are? Try hard to distract yourself and whatever you do, don't allow yourself to think about IT in ANY way, shape or form as it is important to get your brain away from the cycle of 'trigger, panic, overthink' which (I think) re-reinforces in your head that our response to V is correct and necessary. Right now, inexplicably, I am practically phobia free for first time since I got really bad and all I know for sure is that that cycle (and OCD behaviours) perpetuate the phobia. My heart is with you right now, big hugs!
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Thanks mamafear! Just your kind words help. I took an extra xanax so slept but lil loopy from it. As far as I know she didn't v again but I can't be sure bc I was out cold. I'm afraid to get out of bed to see but I do have to work. Still afraid I will get sick at work and trying hard to do like you said not give in to the thoughts and not call in sick. I'll take it slow. Thanks!! Just putting thoughts down helps. Xoxo

Hang in there!!!!!