Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I'm so scared but yet so calm at the same time.

As my other post in private section states, my oldest son had a sv* Saturday night and v* a few times. He was back to himself by the next morning. barely lasted 8 hours honestly. I was HOPING it was something he ate but no such luck. My younget son has been running a fever all day today so I keep waiting for "it" to happen but it hasn't yet. I thought, ok maybe were in the clear, NOT. Hubby came home feeling yucky and already v* a few times (one episode) and has a fever, body aches and general unwell. He just told me he's feeling queasy again. Last time we all had a sv* (last September) it started in the same pattern. My oldest, my youngest, then hubby and I the exact same time. At least last time I wasn't last and had to "wait" for it. Uhhhhh this isn't fun!

Default Re: I'm so scared but yet so calm at the same time.

oh i know that feeling. my brother had it last (year) april and then i had it exactly a month after him to the day but no one else got it in our family. at least you know it could be coming your way so you know and are prepared for it. has hubby v* since the last episode and how are you feeling.

He hasn't that I know of, and believe me, I'd know it. He's a loud Ver*. Still waiting....

I think if you were going to catch it, you would've already been sick. You're doing so much better than I would, I don't even know how I'm going to handle when my kids are sick whenever I eventually have them. Keep your cleaning up, and wash your hands as much as you can!

Although now that hubby is sick the 48 hour window starts over again, especially since I had to clean it up.

Aww I'm sorry you're going through this especially before vacation, it always decides to hit at the worst times. If you weren't sitting literally right next to your husband as he was v'ing, then I don't think you could've inhaled any particles. Sorry you're having a rough week :/

Thank you Amandaalee1! Trying to remain calm and rational.

I was near my oldest son when he was v* on Saturday night. Probably about 3 or 4 feet away. He got it ALL over the bathroom, including the shower curtain. I'm the one that cleaned it all up. I'm shocked it hasn't happened yet.

You had to clean up after your husband? You should be proud of yourself, I could never do that! I think if you were going to get it you would have gotten it from one of your kids

Yes I did. Good times. Not! If that wasn't enough now our new puppy (3 months) is heaving.

Now my youngest son is v* I'm the only one who hasn't had it. :/

Still ganging in there
    My youngest hasn't v* anymore but he has a fever and aches. He's managed to keep down some water so that's good!

Your doing great! I don't know how your managing, I'd be in the corner crying

I'm surprising myself actually. My son is feeling a lot better. He ate a popsickle a little bit ago and couple mini muffins and everything is staying put. He's just tired and achey. At least the kids have had it and I don't have to worry about them. It's just me now. I went ot the store earlier and armed myself with everything I need just in case. Picked up cleaners (bleach, more laundry detergent etc.) Got some gingerale, peppermint candies etc.

Once everyone in my family was sick with it EXCEPT ONE, who never got it! So that might be the case.

Thanks! That is encouraging.

You are doing a marvelous job! I hope you are starting to feel better as well. I can imagine how physically and mentally stressing this may be. I give you credit for cleaning up the way you have in the bathroom. I would have probably lit a match to it and ran and curled up in a ball in a corner somewhere....lol. Keep your head up.