Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Fever of 102 in my son with sv* normal?

We seem to have a sv* going through the house but my youngest son got a pretty decent fever with it. He had it all day yesterday, got sick today and has had the fever all day. Just checked it and it was 102.2. That seems pretty high for a sv* Last year when he had it, there was no fever involved at all. Now I'm worried its something more serious.

Default Re: Fever of 102 in my son with sv* normal?

Anyone? I'm getting worried.

Have you given him anything to try and get his temperature down? Sponge him down with tepid water and if still concerned give your dr a call. How is he behaving?

He was pretty fatigued and achy but I gave him dome Tylenol and he took a shower and he really perked up. He's had this fever 24 hours now. Can noro cause this? It didn't last time. Hubby ran a fever as well but its gone now.

fever goes with a SV. if it doesn't go down i might call the DR if i were you.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Yea it's starting to concern me. It foes come down with Tylenol but goes back up when it wears off

Totally normal. It's so miserable! SV* and fever, especially for little guys go hand in hand. 102 isn't high for a child under 3. His immune system is still getting used to fighting off viruses. Most doctors will tell you to wait it out for a full 72 hours if they are hydrated and acting normal otherwise. Lukewarm baths, medication, popsicles, etc. are helpful. Hopefully he'll get a great night of sleep tonight (hoping the same for YOU!) and wake up 100% tomorrow. You're doing AWESOME!!!!!

He's almost 6 is it still normal u think?

Yes, that is pretty normal. The last time I was nauseated and nearly vomited, my temperature was 102.something. Like an FM frequency! Strange as it sounds, it was my temperature that alerted me that I was nauseated. I didn't recognize nausea when I had it! (Decades of no puking will do that to you.)
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now he's developed a nasty cough. My husband is going to take him to the doctor today. He had v* Tuesday morning, early. No more the rest of the day, just the fever. Then about 1:45 am Wednesday morning he v* in his bed and again in the living room. Now he has a 102 fever again and a cough.

They may prescribe a 'Fever All' suppository that bring the fever down without irritating the stomach. But yes, it's still totally normal, especially given that the rest of your family recovered with no ill effects. Hoping that this clears up today!!!!

He went to the Dr. and he tested positive for the Flu, I'm flipping out! Now I have a stomach bug in my house AND the flu. REALLY?!!!!

NO WAY!!! Seriously? I'm guessing everyone had the flu and his was the only one who's symptoms were more 'severe'. Did they give him some Tamiflu? My 5 year old had a virus last winter that I'm guessing was actually the flu. He had a high fever, v*ed once and was tired for a few days. I think it would be too coincidental that everyone's symptoms of 2 viruses would show up at the same time. I honestly think if he tested positive EVERYONE has the flu, not a different sv*. Really, truly. Hang in there!
    Last edited by Syrup; 10-08-2014 at 01:45 PM.

I was going to say it could be the flu. Two years ago my bf had what I thought was an sv ha had an episode of v* then d* wasn't n* at all the next morning but had fever, chills, aches and a headache for the next 3 days...I'm assuming now that it was the flu the whole time and not an SV

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    NO WAY!!! Seriously? I'm guessing everyone had the flu and his was the only one who's symptoms were more 'severe'. Did they give him some Tamiflu? My 5 year old had a virus last winter that I'm guessing was actually the flu. He had a high fever, v*ed once and was tired for a few days. I think it would be too coincidental that everyone's symptoms of 2 viruses would show up at the same time. I honestly think if he tested positive EVERYONE has the flu, not a different sv*. Really, truly. Hang in there!
    It is possible, hard to say. I did have a "mysterious" fever for about 10 days and I even went and saw my Dr. and she said my lungs were inflamed from my allergies and that was causing it. Now I'm wondering if it was really the flu. I have had a scratchy throat and a tiny cough for several days. Thing is, I never felt THAT bad. I only felt kinda icky for a couple days, but even then I was able to eat, move around things like that. Not feeling like I need to be couch bound all day.

Thing is now, I've been having n* for the last 3 hours on and off. :/

How many days has it been in your house? If you had the icky feeling but not bad you might be past it. Good luck and stay strong.

The sv* has been in my house since Saturday night, I'm the only one who hasn't gotten it yet. The flu has been in my house since Monday. So far it's only been with my youngest son. Hoping it stays that way! He's doing a lot better today, thankfully! Fever is gone.