Hey everyone,

This is my first time posting on this site, hoping to find another source of help through the tricky winter months! I have been an emet for as long as I can remember, but it came out through OCD symptoms 12 years ago. I am now 20 and have conquered many, if not all, of my obsessions and compulsions, but the phobia is still there.

Last night I got some bad news, which I am really struggling with - panic attack late last night, not been able to stop crying today etc. My boyfriend lives in a house of 6 other students and one of them came down with a sv yesterday. They share everything - toilet, bathroom, kitchen, taps, fridges, EVERYTHING. This is not as serious as those times when we think we've been exposed to a sv, but it is preventing me from seeing my boyfriend and absolutely breaking my heart. He's very supportive, but it's affecting him as well - I saw him today at Uni and he got really upset about the whole situation and I couldn't even bring myself to hug him!! The girl who had the sv is better now, but I don't know how long to leave it before I start seeing my boyfriend again - what if I see him then he gets it?? I won't be able to stay at the house for a while, but I'm desperate to see him in any other way at my house. Anybody got any advice?? Thank you!!