Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Son sent home from school, strep positive!

My son is 6 & in Kindergarten, nurse called he had a 101.2F fever & just left the doctors he tested positive immediately for Strep throat. Now to sterilize & try to keep the other 3 people in my house from catching it. JOY

Default Re: Son sent home from school, strep positive!

Oh no I'm so sorry!!!! I hope everyone else avoids it! I'm right there with you, my 5.5 year old was diagnosed with the flu on Tuesday. :/

I had strep a few years ago and my grandma would bring me over dinner every night and sit in my bed with me for a while we ate, she didn't catch it from me. I think you guys will be ok

Yea I should add, my kids have both had strep and I've never gotten it from them before.

I successfully kept everyone else in the house healthy so that was a blessing! Now to get through this whole Ebola Fiasco at his school!!

I'm the queen of strep. If you even look at me cross eyed, I get strep. lol. Strep is super hard to catch. It's bacteria we all have that gets out of control (like staph). It's usually a secondary infection, like after a cold, but I get it very easily even if I scratch my throat in any way. Try to keep his throat cool, ice water w/ a little bit of apple cider vinegar is great, unsweetened fruit popsicles,etc. The bacteria LOVES hot a sugary environments. Ibuprofen every 4-6 hours will help with the fever, pain and inflammation too.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

My 6 yr old tested positive for strep today. Other than a VERY sore throat and high fever, she is ok. Last time she had strep, 2 yrs ago, she was nauseous with it. Hopefully that doesn't happen this time! No one else caught it from her last time, so we'll see about this time.

I hope your daughter feels better Erin80!