Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Should I tell?

So here is my dilemma: I told my mom Iam pregnant yesterday. Tomight is my sister's birthday and she wants me to announce it to the family by giving my sister a "Happy Birthday Auntie" card. The whole family will be there to find out the good news. My question is, shoudl I do it? I know there is always a chance for miscarriage, especially with your first. Since I am so early, should I wait to tell everyone until I am a little further along? I have kind of read through the risk factors and none of them really apply to me (smoking, drinking, age, etc.) but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen to me. What should I do? I only have a couple of hours to decide! I want everyone to know, but should I?

I know if it were me I could not wait 3 months to share the news with my family. I think maybe for like co workers and stuff I would still follow the first tri-mester rule, but you have to share your happiness with someone! And what a fun way of telling them! Go for it!!!
    \"This too shall pass\"

It will give people plenty of notice to start picking out presents for the baby shower, LOL

I would wait at least until you get the green light from you doctor

I know you are gone by now...I hope that you know for sure that you are as it would be such a let down for you if you had to tell everyone it was a false alarm. A miscarriage would be tragic, but it can happen anytime during the 9 months, usually early on, but anytime. I just hate to see you not know 100% for sure and be so sad when you have to call and tell them it was too soon to know for sure.

If you did tell everyone, I know they are as happy as you and I bet your mom is going nuts out of excitement. Being a grandmother is probably the best thing in the world. Me, 41 with a 3 year old, I will probably never see grandchildren, but my parents adore my son and my nephews.

I am so excited for you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

Well, I took another test before I went. I bought a different brand and it was a DEFINITE positive. Both lines showed up immediately - didn't even have to wait the 3 minutes or however long it was. I have no doubt that I am pregnant, I am more concerned about a miscarriage. I am calling hte doctor Monday to get the confirmation, but I really have no doubt. The lines on the tests are getting darker, so I am producing more and more of the hormone. I decided I would rather have my family's support if I lost it than try and deal with it on my own.

It went over great though! My sister read the card out loud and people were having side conversations. She had the greatest look on her face and asked "Are you pregnant?" Everyone quit talking was like "Are you really???" It was great! I'm glad I told them. I will wait a while before telling people at work and most of my friends, but I'm glad my family knows. Now for a long 9 months . . .

Oh I am SO happy for you!! Dont worry...its not good for the baby[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img].

It is so natural to feel the way you are feeling. I feel the same way and did with my other pregnancies too. When you get your first sonogram and hear your babies heartbeat you will loose that fear.

Congratulations...Its a great feeling isnt it![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

CONGRATS...

Now we have at least 2 new mommies on the way.

I am so excited for you!!!!
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

So, this is late and you've already been lol (sorry). I'm glad everything worked out and that your lines are becoming darker and darker! How exciting! Emet moms are so inspiring to me! Please (all expecting moms) keep us posted!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Congratulations SillyGirl....on your pregnancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am very happy for you...keep us updated on your progress..............[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

CONGRATS!! I hope you told your family, that way everyone finds out together. Don't worry about miscarrying. SOmetimes it happens, but it is always a risk. Just enjoy being pregnant, and look forward to being a whale! (people are so nice, and they let you cut them in line... its kewl). It's the most incredible experience in the word. Just eat healthy, get light exercise, and don't stress over any potential complications! You will be fine!! Worry will only take away from this experience.

Again, congrats, let us know if you told them or not.
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Just wanted to say CONGRATS!! I think its the greatest thing when your ready to have one. I am excited for you!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]