Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Broken Leg w/Screws - Worried

Hey,

So I have a broken leg, more specifically, a fractured knee where one of the bones broke. This happened when I was doing pro wrestling training (although it was just a warm up). I have had surgery to place screws in and have been told to keep my leg straight and not bend it or put weight on it or else the screws may come out. This is where I am worried.

In 2 weeks, I go to the hospital to have my cast off and an X-Ray. If it is all good, I can bend my leg. I went 2 weeks ago to have a new cast and it apparently looked fine. The only problem is that I have accidentally bent it slightly (not a full 90 degree bend but more of a 45 degree bend at most - as the cast stops me from bending any further) on multiple occasions. I have also accidentally put a bit of weight on it as well. I haven't had major pain which I would imagine it would feel like if screws came out but i'm not too sure what it would actually feel like.

I am sick of being stuck unable to walk, having to spend the whole day in the house (which as an emet is great) but I want to be able to go out, go to school, walk. I am afraid I may be out for much longer if the screws have come out.

I know you aren't all doctors but does it sound like it is a possibility or am I worrying myself about it? The only side I can think of to stop me worrying is that I doubt young kids could keep their leg straight for 7 weeks without bending it slightly and i'm sure most of them have been fine. But who knows, this is my first and hopefully last time I have broken a bone.

Btw, in terms of pain, I have had uncomfortable pain at times but not major, omg I think I damaged my leg sort of pain if you understand what I mean.

Thanks

Default Re: Broken Leg w/Screws - Worried

I think you are worrying over nothing. If something happened I think you'd know it. Can you phone your doctor and tell him what happened and see if he wants to see you or not? I hope you have a speedy recovery!!!!