Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Cramping and d*

Default Cramping and d*

Hi everyone,

Was on a strong course of antibiotics until five days ago (1000mg of amoxicillin four times I day for cellulitis). I had an upset stomach the whole time. I ended up going back to a pharmacy two days ago as I was still feeling n*.

Today I had a VERY stressful day - abusive ex of mine has been harassing me and I've had to contact the police. I've eaten normally all day then tonight suddenly I get some cramping in my lower right side. Soon after I had two bouts of d*. Not bad or a lot, but enough to really freak me out.

Is this a combination of my good bacteria being destroyed by antibiotics and then a lot of stress? I am terrified as the cramping is still there. I don't feel ill or n*.

I am so scared.

Default Re: Cramping and d*

Am sorry you're having such a rough time. I'd say either of those things would be enough to upset my stomach never mind combining the two together! Reckon it's defi just the antibiotics and stress. Might be worth trying a probiotic to sort out your stomach a bit. Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you... Yeah you're right, it's a lot of pressure on my tummy. Probiotics are on my shopping list! The cramping is still there, it's better when I lay down. I know it's probably stress but I always panic it's a bug or Noro or something. I'm not prone to d* at all - only medication or severe stress brings it on.

Antibiotics usually give me cramps and d* after a few days being on them. I think it's pretty normal. I hope you feel better!!!

Poor you! Really? I hope it's the cause. I've had nausea too last night, a specific icky feeling I had when I was on the antibiotics. The pharmacist said effects could last for up to a week after. But when I researched online some people say they are out your system within a few hours...
    Confusing...