Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do you fear/phobia of D*

Is the fear of D* as intense as Emetophobia?

If someone said they had D* would you panic?
    Original Register Date w/Old Account: 27 December 2012.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Do you fear/phobia of D*

Yup! I would say I am equally afraid of both!

Yeah. I always associate d* with a sv or fp
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not really no. I have digestive issues. Most of my life... I have noticed if I am more anxious about something I am prone to get it. Also I suffered with d for over a year due to my gallbladder failing. Now without one my bile flows freely from my liver through my digestive tract. So I can have it from something I ate, or if I don't eat enough... etc.

I have IBS and ulcers so I have weird bathroom issues lots of times but those are different than the D you get with SV. When I get water D, I do panic because I associate it with SV and am convinced that V is inevitable. It's stupid cause I've probably had D-only SV a handful of times, but I'm so scared that "next time" I won't be as lucky
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Yes, but only if I think it's contagious and will cause nausea. I have IBS and sometimes get random bouts of d* that are accompanied by anxiety and hot flashes. So if I'm the one having it, it does kind of make me nervous (which makes the d* worse and so on).

It's equal. I'm terrified of both, and while I don't know if it is a phobia, it's scary.
    Original Register Date w/Old Account: 27 December 2012.

yes im def afraid of both i always assume if you have one the other will follow

Only when I'm trapped somewhere without a bathroom! Haha luckily that hasn't happened to me. No, I don't fear d as much. I certainly don't like it but I know theres a lot of things that can cause it that aren't sickness related. plus its easy to stop it with immodium.

I'm not afraid of it in itself (e.g. if someone had IBS the fact they had D* wouldn't bother me, although obviously I wouldn't want to share a toilet!) but because norovirus can be spread through the D* of a sufferer if the D* is due to norovirus- then yes I'm definitely afraid, petrified even. Apparently the D* is more heavily virus-ridden than v*!

No, as long as nausea isn't associated with it, I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicles View Post
    No, as long as nausea isn't associated with it, I'm fine with it.
    Same with me, as long as I dint feel sick I don't mind d, this may sound weird but after a bout of d I feel good, really light and floaty and full of energy.

I get super nervous when I know I'm about to have d*, but afterwards I feel great and the episodes of it that follow are a breeze

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBaby View Post
    Not really no. I have digestive issues. Most of my life... I have noticed if I am more anxious about something I am prone to get it. Also I suffered with d for over a year due to my gallbladder failing. Now without one my bile flows freely from my liver through my digestive tract. So I can have it from something I ate, or if I don't eat enough... etc.
    Yep me too! I had my gallbladder out 5 years ago and I get d* from time to time from not eating enough or eating something too fatty, dairy, greasy, and salad does me in too. It happened to me at a pet store the other day, it's really embarrassing!

No? I didn't know this fear went along with so many emetophobes. That's pretty interesting.