Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Please reply

Default Please reply

I posted a few hours ago but no-one replied. Now things have taken a turn for the worse and I have now given up on sleep as the n* is so strong I feel Im about to v*.

I have taken anti-emetics (phenergan, buccastem and domperidone) but it has just got worse. I was tired and tried my best to sleep and managed to nod off for about 40 minutes but kept waking due to the n*. Now Im up and have been pacing just trying to fight the urge to v*. Im shaking thanks to me panicking. Its 2.15 in the morn and I have to get up for work in 5 hours.......

Default Re: Please reply

hi I'm sorry no one responded. I just logged on. ok let's walk through what you can do to relax. TV? so water? music? personally I do my nails or pluck my eyebrows or vacuum. it distracts me...

Take a few deep breaths, follow mdgirl's advice... How are you doing?
    Call me Koi or Koiz
    I use my phone for this site 65% of the time so if I do not respond on chat, I am not ignoring you!!!

Hey honey I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. How are you now? I would be willing to bet this is all anxiety- it has the craziest effects on our bodies.

You definitely need to find something you enjoy to get your mind off of how you feel and the thought you are going to. I am not trying to scare you but your mind is very powerful. You can make yourself sick thinking about it so much. Take some deep breaths..sip some water..watch tv (I like to put on a Christian station when I getting really bad anxiety.) Find a quote and repeat it. I do the Lord's Prayer. Those things make me feel safe. Prayi g does it too. Listen to some soothing music. On youtube there are a ton of relaxation sound and music pieces you can listen to. Sometimes taking a shower relaxes me. I like to take one before bed just to think about all of the days stresses leaving me and going down the drain. Hope you feel better soon.

is it cooler outside where you are? Being cold always helps me, being hot makes me feel worse. The phenergan should eventually knock you out but it's strong and although the nausea may still be felt, it will keep you from v*. Also, your wrist pressure point? Where you place Sea Bands for nausea relief have you tried it? It works wonders as well!

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleS View Post
    You definitely need to find something you enjoy to get your mind off of how you feel and the thought you are going to. I am not trying to scare you but your mind is very powerful. You can make yourself sick thinking about it so much. Take some deep breaths..sip some water..watch tv (I like to put on a Christian station when I getting really bad anxiety.) Find a quote and repeat it. I do the Lord's Prayer. Those things make me feel safe. Prayi g does it too. Listen to some soothing music. On youtube there are a ton of relaxation sound and music pieces you can listen to. Sometimes taking a shower relaxes me. I like to take one before bed just to think about all of the days stresses leaving me and going down the drain. Hope you feel better soon.
    Michelle, I believe your my emet sister. I do the exact same thing. I pray my rosary turn on EWTN the Catholic TV channel, repeat prayers almost like meditation. I like the shower process, I even sit on the floor of my shower and just breathe in the steam (I purposely bought a rain type shower head JUST for my anxiety attacks, worth every penny!) Down to the YouTube relaxation sounds that's exactly what I do too.

Hope you are ok sweet. I'm in the same boat as you. Been feeling ill all night and don't feel I can fight it anymore. Il include you in my prayers this morning xx