Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It's going to happen!

Morning all! I'm feeling terrible. I feel very N in both stomach and throat. My mouth keeps going from dry to insanely full of saliva and I have that nasty lump in my throat. I feel like I may have d and when I break wind it's hot and has that d smell to it (sorry for tmi) i. Taken 2 prochlorperazine, but it's going to happen isn't it. My stomach hurts on and off and has a mild feeling, sort of like hunger or when you drink too much fizzy pop. Any words of advice or your prayers would be appreciated.... Has anyone felt like this And the dreaded v has not happened? Xx

Default Re: It's going to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Pudsta View Post
    Morning all! I'm feeling terrible. I feel very N in both stomach and throat. My mouth keeps going from dry to insanely full of saliva and I have that nasty lump in my throat. I feel like I may have d and when I break wind it's hot and has that d smell to it (sorry for tmi) i. Taken 2 prochlorperazine, but it's going to happen isn't it. My stomach hurts on and off and has a mild feeling, sort of like hunger or when you drink too much fizzy pop. Any words of advice or your prayers would be appreciated.... Has anyone felt like this And the dreaded v has not happened? Xx

How are you feeling now? No matter what happens remember that it's temporary! If you have a little virus it's short term. Over quickly and we move on. Thinking of you! Please keep us posted. xox

hey. are you ok? I see you posted 11 hrs ago and I just logged on.

I managed to avoid v*, even ventured out to get a bit of shopping. Later yesterday I got my monthly. Iv felt ill the last few months a day or Two before. I should have realised. Xx

Happens to me most months. I find if I keep a little something in my belly it keeps the n* to minimum.

I get this feeling every month a few days before my period. Lump in throat, icky stomach, wind, d*... I also get it mildly during ovulation. Some women are more sensitive. It's partly due to hormone levels - and everyone had a different response to that. Some women are more tolerant than others. You can ask your GP to test your hormone levels to see if they are high and he can prescribe you something. Also the menstrual cycle obviously happens in a area where your digestive works are too, so it's bound to cause some havoc down there. The uterus I think can push on your bowel which is why many women have loose BM or d*. Keep a track of your symptoms each month and at least then you will know next month it's just your period and not a v*, or unlikely to be. Try a hot water bottle, get lots of rest, and eat as healthily as you can. I'm feeling the same at the moment so I understand x

How are you now?

Thank you for all your comments. I'm ok now my monthly is over. I'm going to see the nurse on Monday to try and get something sorted. I spend 1 week in every 4 feeling terrible. I feel n* so panic, don't eat, struggle to sleep. I take loestrin to help them be less painful and troublesome but it doesn't seem to help xx

Glad you are seeing the nurse! Also be totally honest and say look, it's not just that I'm physically suffering every month but it's having an effect emotionally because of my phobia and that in turn affects how much I eat and sleep which is a vicious circle.x