Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default sort of a P.S.A.

Guys, girls.. TELL SOME ONE YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR PHOBIA.
    I can't imagine going day to day SUFFERING in silence as a lot of you do. Weather your younger living with your parents, or you are afraid to tell your boyfriend cause he might think you are a freak. DO IT. TELL SOME ONE. This is a battle we face every single day. It impacts our lives in just about ever aspect. I use this link: http://www.emetophobiahelp.org/fact-sheet.html constantly as a print out to show my loved ones. Just know you do have support. I can understand that telling your parents are hard, but at least encourage them to let you see a therapist. Some one you can talk to.
    I know all of us on this website are communal and we love to help each other and support each other. But there are some of you out there, that this is your deepest, darkest, secret. And it simply can not be. How do you expect to go through this fight, alone? In the REAL world, where this exists. Phobias are real, they're recognizable, and they're so secret sometimes. I would hate to hear of some one who would "rather die before they threw up" a quote, MANY of US have quoted, me included. Id hate to hear of that happening, and no one knew, or he or she didn't know some one could of helped. To you younger ones, I think you are s o incredibly strong to be facing this at such a young age, but my wish is for you to not have to worry about it. I wish none of us would have to worry about it, but we do… so please everyone, let some one know in your life. If you are feeling depressed, tell some one, don't ride this out alone, it only makes it harder.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Default Re: sort of a P.S.A.

Well said Michelle! I always think its best to tell people. Because you may find that one person who will also understand. Most people at least try to and will help you. And to me if a boyfriend or girlfriend (to the younger ones) is going to think you are a freak and torment you about it..they aren't worth the time. Find someone that will support you always. In everything for that matter.

Exactly. I remember being younger, and my boyfriend was the one, oh he was the one.. but in reality its not, you go through many people, sometimes, but if some one leaves you, de-friends you, THEY ARE NOT TRUE AND REAL FRIENDS. A REAL friend will listen and encourage, a REAL boyfriend or girlfriend will not break up with you for your phobia, or make fun of you. I just encourage people, to let some one know. Please don't suffer alone.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

I really appreciate this. Thank you for posting.

You're absolutely right, I couldn't agree more. This is a horrific phobia to have and nobody should suffer it alone. I have such deep shame about having this phobia because my parents were terrible about it when it started, when I was 11. Of course, I know now that I shouldn't be ashamed but it's still almost impossible for me to talk about.