Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: There is hope...

So inspiring..thank you so much for sharing your story. Like you I too turn to Jesus when I feel like my fears are overpowering me. He calms me and Satan knows the weakness and uses that against us. I was so happy to hear you actually run to Him. That is one thing I haven't heard of on here. I do share all of the time that when my anxiety and phobia hits hard I like to watch Christian tv shows of prayer. And that praying does me a lot of good. I also recite the Lords Prayer over and over and it has always calmed me when I do that. I hope someone sees your story that has really been struggling and it gives them the hope they need. Even if you never totally get over it..there are ways to get better and be able to live somewhat normal again. I don't have emet nearly as bad as some on here do. But I did at one point. I have my moments when it gets bad usually when my toder gets sick and then I am fine after a month. Or less. But I remember not wanting to leave home because of it. And not wanting a child. For more reasons than that but that was there too. Now I live in a different state..have a child and a wonderful husband. He is the one that takes xare of her when she has a sv. Because he knows about my phobia. And respects me for it. Thanks again for sharing.

Default Re: There is hope...

You are welcome Michelle. Honestly I do not know how people do it without God. But to each his own right? I don't want to say that God is used as good luck charm or crutch as some may think it but its just that God's children know where to run! And you are right like I said in part of my story I used to be sooooo bad that having a child was no where in the picture. I am SO thankful I did not let this fear keep me from one of the biggest blessings in this life. And thank God for your understanding husband