Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Organic Food

Okay, after practically poisoning my body with harmful chemicals for a couple of years, I decided I need to clean out my system and eat healthy food, the way God made it--without processing and all that junk.

I am reading a few books about eating organically and such, but I've always been wary of organic foods. I'm nervous that because they weren't processed and monitored carefully, that I could get sick. Like I would love to start eating sprouts, because I know they're good for you--but they're also high risk for food poisoning.

I want to start my own organic vegetable garden this summer and maybe plant a few fruit trees. But I'm a little worried about organic foods in general.

Does anybody eat them and has had a problem with them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't go totally organic, but I do eat totally natural foods, absolutely no sugar, no white flour, nothing that isn't natural etc. etc. Since I've started eating like this, I've lost weight (I put on 30 pounds when I was on the anti-depressant Effexor last winter) and I feel awesome!! There are things you do have to be careful about. You should really learn what fruits and veggies are supposed to look and smell like. When they are normally in the grocery store, they have so many chemicals on them that they're super preserved. When you go to a natural foods store, you'll notice they look sort of iffy because it's not as we see as normal. Bananas that come to the grocery store have all kinds of yucky stuff on them to keep them from turning yellow. My husband has migraines and was told that's one food to avoid - non-organic bananas, cuz of the chemicals. Anyways, I have been meaning to mention to you guys with IBS, flax meal is a God-send. Go to your natural foods store and get some ground flax meal. Not the seeds, cuz they're hard to grind. I make flax pancakes with them every couple days. If you're having diarhea, it'll clear that up by taking out the excess water in your colon. If you're having constipation, it'll help things move along. It tastes good, and I can give you other things that you can make with it too if you're interested in the recipes. And about sprouts, I got food poisoning from them once, they need to be washed really well. I've never used the veggie wash you can now buy, but I haven't eaten them since I got sick from them cuz I'm scared to. You know how it goes.... There's other foods that have the same benefit from sprouts too..... Sorry I've droned on and on.... but I can't say enough about this way of eating. I'm so proud of you that you're doing so many things to improve your body and mind for yourself. You really should be proud of yourself too. Congratulations on what you've already accomplished!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

my grandpa has a garden of different types of vegetables & fruits & my family has never been sick eating from his garden. my grandma even cans pickles from the cucumbers.
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

I love eating from the garden. It's the only way you know exactly what has happened to the food that you're putting in your mouth. It's the safest.

I'm glad you haven't had too many problems with organic food, other than the sprouts. I like sprouts but I'm too scared to eat them. If you wash them off really well, will it kill bacteria? Or is the bacteria all the way through them? Cause if all it takes to get rid of the bad stuff is washing it, I'll still eat them. If not, I'll pass.

I am so excited to start my garden this summer. I want to plant romaine lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, and corn. It will be so fun and rewarding. I plan to do it without pesticides or chemicals. So I bought a book on organic gardening with some tips on how to keep away the critters naturally.

I also want to buy a breadmaker. I think it would be so nice to have fresh baked bread everyday. Yum!

Any other tips on eating organically? [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]