Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm TERRIFIED of v* and I have learned that I can make it come out the other end almost on command. Has anyone else been able to do this? I know I've had food poisoning a couple of times because I was severely sick and going to the bathroom a lot after eating seafood. But I didn't v*.

One time when I was much younger, I decided to try a drug all my friends were taking, in pill form. After I took it, I regretted it, because I'm not into drugs like that. So I went to the bathroom and made it come out. Where a normal person would v*, I can just sit on the toilet and be done with it. It's been 17 years since I last v* andI think it's because I have this control over my body. I've never met anyone like this and was wondering if there are any of you out there. My friend, who is in the medical field, told me it is bad that I can do this, but I am so scared to v* that I don't know what else to do.

I hear you k8te.. Mine was 15 years ago but I still remember it clearly, shudderingviolently at the thought[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img].

Everytime I feel like doing that, I'd pray really hard for God to kill me instead.. it gets that bad.. so you're not alone k8te. I totally understand what you're going through. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I pray to God as well but other than that I dont know what else to do. I haven't v* for 8-9 years *knock on wood* I'm only 16so 17 yearsis longer than I've been alive lol.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

heh..I pray to God too. I beg him for the Nausea to go away and not to V*. But I also seem to get it all out of the other end. Id rather it come out there. than to V*.
    *Mandi*

I get D* a lot and I do think that I can usually D* instead of V*, but I know that I have had both once in my life and I was an EMET already and I was not able to make it only D*. I wish I thought that it was that easy and I think that a lot of the times we are capable of making it into D*, but I think if you were meant to V*, it would happen. Don't get me wrong...I think that normal people V* way more than we do, thankfully, and I think that an EMET makes it into D* instead.

You are not alone in this...it is a terrible thing and I'm sorry that we all have it, but, I do know, that it could be worse and while being an EMET does keep me from somethings that I might do if I wasn't so terrified of V*, I don't think that I miss out on too much of enjoying life.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

I once met a person who never, ever... Not once... Amazing.

How could it be harmful I wonder? Doesn't sound bad to me. I wouldn't sweat it that you can do this, but you know, if you're really worried, go ahead and ask a few doctors what they think. (besides your friend)

To be honest, I have never understood when people complain that their stomach hurts, i.e. they feel pain, but that is going to lead to vomiting. If my stomach hurts, it is always going to come out the other end. That's where the majority of my gastrointestinal sickness comes out. People's bodies deal with things in different ways.

What do you do to make it come out as d if you don't mind my asking something like that? Sometimes I press on my abdomen in the places I feel pain. I used to have to do this all the time when I had IBS in order to move things, so to speak, along. Sometimes I would have fingernail marks on my abdomen when I was done.

Your friend who is in the medical field.. I am wondering how far into the field she is. You know.. sometimes a little knowledge can be a bad thing (???) I guess all I am meaning to say is that to me it makes no sense that this would be bad for you. I think it'sa great mechanism for our bodies to be able to do this when some sort of threat is there. If you ask me it's really no different than vomiting, it's just the other end. No medical professional would tell you that if there was something in your system making you feel sick that you should keep yourself from vomiting, you know???

I wouldn't think much of it. Be glad that you can rid your body of yuk through the other side not having to deal with the panic you would otherwise experience if stuff stayed in there potentially causing nausea.... Hope that makes sense
    \"This too shall pass\"

Jaba, I have IBS too, and I have to do the same thing.

My friend is a physical therapist, so she's not a doc or anything. But she basically said if there's something in your stomach that you need to get rid of, v* is better than passing it completely through your system. V*, after all, is your body's way of eliminating something that's not good for it. So to pass it all the way through your digesting track is bad.

I dont think theres anythin wrong with that, I read somewhere that by the time your body V*s something up most of the damage has probly been done anyway. That makes sense because you often dont get sick from food poisoning till upto 2 days later n well its long gone by then so its not the problem food that youre bringing back. I have an idea that the only time your body truely might need to V* is if youve had too much alcohol- cuz people do get sick fairly fast from that- ie when tehres still plenty alcohol left in their system to bring back. I dunno whether thats true or theres other circumstances when it actually does some good too, but I cant think of any.

How do you know if it is a phobia? I never liked v* , but now I think about it constantly. Everytime I eat or the slightest sick feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternity
    I dont think theres anythin wrong with that, I read somewhere that by the time your body V*s something up most of the damage has probly been done anyway. That makes sense because you often dont get sick from food poisoning till upto 2 days later n well its long gone by then so its not the problem food that youre bringing back. I have an idea that the only time your body truely might need to V* is if youve had too much alcohol- cuz people do get sick fairly fast from that- ie when tehres still plenty alcohol left in their system to bring back. I dunno whether thats true or theres other circumstances when it actually does some good too, but I cant think of any.

Actually- my doc said that the major distinction between food poisoning and a bug of some sort is the rapid onset of the former. If it's food poisoning- you will actually start to feel sick only a few hours after you ate the offending food. If it's a virus, you won't feel sick for up to two or three days later.

Makes sense....with food poisoning your body generally can't break down the bacteria, so it tried to evict it the quickest way possible (the way it got in). That is generally better for you, because it will make you feel better faster in the longrun. If you wait until it passes completely through your system and out the other end, you will feel nasty longer. It seems that either way you're screwed in this situation (I know, I've gotten it twice....and Im a vegetarian!)

*Amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amber, just out of interests sake what was it you ate that made you ill? I ask because I'm a vegetarian too, have been for the last fifteen years, but have never suffered from anything I ate. I know rice is one of the worst things for causing food poisoning, was it that?
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Really? Rice? I thought that rice would be relatively safe because of it being in boiling water. Hmmm.....maybe because of the fact that there are so many small pieces, so if you let it sit there are a lot of surfaces for bacteria to grow (kind of like ground beef).

For me, the first time around it was silken tofu. It wasnt passed the expiry date, but sure enough I knew it tasted a little off. A few hours later I was sleeping in my bathtub. I now stay away from those packets of 'dessert' flavoured tofu.

Second time- lettuce (at least thats what I think it was....when I did v* that was what was undigested, even though I did eat a few things with it). I got one of those premade salads from a corner store near my old apartment. LOL won't be doing that again.

Hmmmm.....I have been ill a few times also because the food I ate came in contact with meat, or had meat products in it (even though I asked and was told that it didnt). I've been a veg for about 12-13 years, so I really can&lt;t digest that stuff anymore.

*Amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

With rice, people usually think that it's the reheating of it that can cause the problem, but it's actually the way the rice has been stored beforehand. Uncooked rice can contain bacteria that can cause food poisoning and when cooked the spores can survive. The problem arises if the rice is then left standing at room temperature as these spores will multiply and release toxins that cause food poisoning. Reheating will not get rid of these toxins. Rice is therefore best eaten as soon as possible after cooking but if you want to save some and eat later cool it as quickly as possible (place rice in a container and stand in cold water to speed the cooling process) and put in the fridge. I often reheat rice and have never had a problem, but I do make sure it's not hanging around long at room temperature (no more than half an hour). I alsouse it with 24 hours.

.•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb