Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: please help.

Default please help.

this is just a quick question, and i'm really sorry if i bother anyone...
    yesterday afternoon at about 4 pm (its 1 in the morning now) i had a sandwich with some turkey which seemed to be completely fine, not discolored, didn't smell weird, and has no slimy film, but the sell by date was the 10th. i'm not sure if my mom froze it or not because it seems to have been in the fridge a while, but i'm very very nervous because i feel like i could've gotten food poisoning from it. ...but here's when it gets dumb. i haven't had many symptoms for food poisoning at all until i started thinking about it, and i was wondering how quickly average food poisoning symptoms come on? i'd say i ate the sandwich about 9 hours ago, with about three slices of that turkey meat.

Default Re: please help.

if there were no signs of it being off - I'd say it wasn't. With poultry - when its off - you know.

Default Re: please help.

You would have already had symptoms by now. It comes on rather sudden. I say if it didn't have a slimy film..no bad smell..wasn't green or any other strange color you are fine.