Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Eating out every day as a student

I'm on college and I live alone (because of my emetophobia). Here we have student card and we can go to a student "restoraunt" which is cheaper so every student eats there. At first I was sceptic (although I was never so obsessed with eating out, but as my phobia got worse this year), but it's been almost a month now that I'm having lunch there every day. Of course many times I think what if I get fp or something..but I don't have time to prepare lunch so I have to eat there. I don't eat cakes there..but I eat meat and everything else. This is the first month and I'm fine, but I know I'm at risk every day. I hope I won't get fp!!
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Default Re: Eating out every day as a student

Sorry no one responded. Yeah, I ate at our college caf for the first year too...I stayed away from chicken but ate bagels and pasta and pizza and was fine. My best friend got fp from the chicken in the diner, the cooks were awful. Otherwise, it was fine and literally thousands ate there every day. I think you will be fine. Good job at facing the fear and forcing yourself to eat there!

I eat chicken and everything. But I can't say I'm not worried. It scares me now when I read what you wrote. :S
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Good for you! As long as the place is clean and reputable, you should have nothing to fear! Keep going!

Thanks! Huh, I hate it, but I googled today about fp on those student restourants over the country and there has been some. I'm a little bit scared now, but as I don't have too much time to cook, I'll have to continue to eat there. I know they must been clean..but sometimes it can happen.