Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default For females only

okay ladies. I know we all get that time of the month and we hate it. what does everyone do for cramps. I get mine every three months because of bc but I have a month to go and already cramps are starting. I hate them and all I wanna do is curl up. I don't know what to do to help them since I never get them. any ideas?

Default Re: For females only

I swear by heating pads in those therma care stick on heating pads. I get absolutely horrific cramps for three days and heating pads are the only thing that help me.

Ibuprofen (400mg) and a heating pad. Also, ibuprofen can help to lighten heavy bleeding (research it on google). I agree with mdgirl that the only thing I can truly swear by is a heating pad. I take that time to curl up with a good movie or my lap top.

Ibuprofen definitely, and I mean, if and when I can, I sleep lol.

I use a rice bag, similar to a heating pad. Can't take IB so I use midol or naproxen

I have to switch pills every few months because one will stop working. I'll either do 3 Ibuprofin or a naproxin. I have to take it RIGHT as they start, or it doesn't help.
    Heating pads are god. If it's bad, I'll put it on a bolster or small pillow then lay on my stomach on top of it, the pressure helps.

This sounds awful but if you're not too grossed out - sexy time or even, well. . . "taking things into your own hands" (wink wink) will stop cramps, too.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

Quote Originally Posted by NaiveAndTrue View Post
    I have to switch pills every few months because one will stop working. I'll either do 3 Ibuprofin or a naproxin. I have to take it RIGHT as they start, or it doesn't help.
    Heating pads are god. If it's bad, I'll put it on a bolster or small pillow then lay on my stomach on top of it, the pressure helps.

This sounds awful but if you're not too grossed out - sexy time or even, well. . . "taking things into your own hands" (wink wink) will stop cramps, too.
    I read that, and thankfully my bf isn't grossed out by it and it actually helps a ton.