Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My favorite noon-time break spot was ruined by guess what...

I work in my city's downtown. There is a very beautiful neo-classical symphony hall with nice fountains in the front, benches and shade trees. When it's a beautiful day out like it's been the last month and a half, I'll walk down there and just relax by the fountain and enjoy the sun and people watch. So I walk over near one of the fountains and look down and there was a big ol chunky pile of what looked like alpo dog food put in a blender with water and poured on the ground. It looked about a day old. Whoever did it could have just puked into the fountain itself and nobody would've ever known. But now everytime I take my break to this beautiful spot, I will be reminded of that site and and it has been "stained" forever. Even after the rain washes it away, I can't forget what was there.

I wasn't scared of the site of it, nor did I feel any paranoia about whether "it" is going around and making people sick. I was just upset that such a beautiful place where I go to recharge my batteries from work is now associated with something so disgusting.

Default Re: My favorite noon-time break spot was ruined by guess what...

You can let day old vomit take your favourite break spot away from you OR you can choose to keep it. It really is a choice - YOUR choice. It may not be easy but it really is that simple. If it was me, I'd go sit right in that spot every day (after the rain washes it away), until my body gets used to it and the fear goes away. Seriously.

Default Re: My favorite noon-time break spot was ruined by guess what...

I agree with LT. Don't let it ruin your spot. Like you said, it won't make you sick. For a few days sit on a different side where you can't see or walk by that location. Eventually you will forget. Depending on where you are in the US it will snow and rain and that will change the whole landscape. Its amazing how my lunch spot (in front of the libary) is all lush and pretty now, but in a few weeks leaves will turn and then it will be sparse trees and snow. It is all about perspective.