Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default failed my glucose challenge test. scared to do 3 hour tolerancr test.

So....of course ive been reading online and people say the 3 hourr test made them feel sick when the 1 hour test was fine. im acared....they use a drink that has twice as much sugar as the first one......i was perfectly fine today after drinking the stuff for the 1 hour test.....but now im scared that it will make me feel sick because its twice as much sugar. any moms fail the 1 hour test and have to take the 3 hour one? how did you feel with it?
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Default Re: failed my glucose challenge test. scared to do 3 hour tolerancr test.

I had to do the 1 hr and it sucked. I know many people that did the 3 hr and said that the best way to do it is to ask them to chill them for you or pour over ice. It's really just a super sweet orange soda, from what I remember. Regardless, it is necessary to do because the complications from gestational diabetes are much worse than a few hours of nausea. I know it sucks to say that to a pregnant woman, but I was in your shoes 8 years ago and that is the reality. The drs are used to this. Most people don't v, they get n and it passes. Bring a bottle of water and some saltines to pop right after. As soon as you can get some water to dilute it and some carbs in you, you will be fine. Honestly. When do you go back?

Default Re: failed my glucose challenge test. scared to do 3 hour tolerancr test.

I had to do the three hour one and its nothing. You just drink something that tastes like flat 7UP. My hudband and I got up and walked to try to make the time go by faster

^^^ mdgirl is right in that you can drink water. You can't eat though, it's a fasting test, so that part stinks. You're going to do great.

People make EVERYTHING dramatic. I had to the 3 hour as well and it was TOTALLY fine. Very sweet orange soda is what it tasted like. I mean, it was gross, but it doesn't make you feel n*. You aren't drinking that much to begin with. There were other moms there doing the exact same thing. Nobody v*, not even close. We all chatted and laughed and were fine. I wouldn't order the stuff in a restaurant, but I was worked up about it beforehand and couldn't believe how silly I was being once there. If can can drink a soda you can drink that sugar stuff. Let us know how it goes!

When I was pregnant over 3 years ago, I had to do the 4 hour thing. I did not feel sick at all. I think that is all in peoples minds...they get convinced when one person gets sick, everyone will get sick from it. It is only that super sweet drink. BELIEVE ME...I too, was so nervous about it, because I was reading horror stories......but really...I was FINE and you will be too.
    After I was done, I was so hungry I went to a McDonalds and totally pigged out. ha ha GOOD LUCK. You will be fine. Mind over matter!!!!
    I was there with another girl doing hers and we were both fine. Played on our laptops the whole time and chatted.
    Last edited by ren2005; 10-30-2014 at 08:57 AM.