Quote Originally Posted by jsquared View Post
I freak out if I can't be the one driving and I prefer driving alone. I feel more 'in control' when I drive. When I'm having a panic attack and get afraid I'm going to v, I really don't know what to do. I've never gotten sick in a bag before or on the side of the road--I've never v anywhere but a bathroom and that scares me so much! I just can't imagine not being in a bathroom by myself!

I love the above tip about singing loudly to relax! It made me smile and I will try that one next time.
I encountered that some this past month when getting rides, haha. Suddenly miss panics while driving here (me) was holding on to the arm rest for dear life and internally criticizing other people's driving. Not once did I not see the humor in that and the strong sense I should stop critiquing their driving habits.

In some sense I missed being in the drivers seat, but when the traffic was heavy and the red lights were neverending, I didn't mind not having to be behind the wheel. I'm too persnickety I guess. can't pick and choose the times I am terrified of driving and when I'm ok with it. I wish I could make peace with it, haha.