Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ---

Anyone have any experience with it? Edited by: ChippedAway

what is it symptoms

`Edited by: ChippedAway

My mil had it twice and my stepdad once. The pain for them was excruciating. I certainly hope you don't have it. Both of theirs resulted from gall stones. My mil almost died--she was in ICU for a week and then three weeks in the hospital after that with her first attack.Are you in the hospital? I don't recall a fever being a symptom for either of them. Their triglycerides were off the charts--in the tens of thousands--no kidding. How did you do with the ng tube? Wow that is something for an emet to type about so casually. My mil had the ng tube because her body was incapable of digesting and she had to have TPN (nutrition via IV).

Hope you are better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Chipped-Away, you poor thing! *sends hugs*

I had never herad of it until a few months ago, when a random stranger on the train struck up conversation with me, and told me his father was ill with it (he actually really freaked me out. Me being an emet and all, I was terrified when he started to go into icky details...by the time I got off the train, I was trembling all over, and convinced that I had it myself!). Anyway...it sounded nasty. Though his father had other problems too, so that made it 10 times worse for him.

That tube you've got in your nose sounds like a good thing, at least you don't have to worry about v*ing with that there ^_^

Stay positive! It would probably be good if you had to have surgery...would you have to have your pancreas removed entirely?Edited by: angel13

Hey, how are you feeling? What's going on?

`Edited by: ChippedAway

Oh wow . I'm glad that the surgery helped and will keep my fingers crossed that the cells weren't damaged. Are you in the hospital now? How long will recovery be?

Hey, how'd the surgery go? I hope that you are feeling better!
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Oh, wow.. Sorry you had to go through that. How are you feeling now? I'll be thinking of ya.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Oh gosh! I am sorry you had to go through that. It sounds like you are feeling better![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]