Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I am new here!

Hi everyone! I am new to this site, only found out about it a couple of weeks ago. In fact, only just found out emetophobia actually exists and I have suffered from it all my life; I am now 38 years old. Where are all the Aussies with emetophobia? I live in Melbourne and honestly thought I was the only one with this darn phobia; it is such a relief to know that I'm not alone and that you all understand exactly how I think! I can relate to all of your stories and experiences! I had a very bad panic attack about a month ago now and my husband had to take me to the hosptial. However, I'm much better now and am taking new meds (was on Paxil for 9 years) and am now on Zoloft.

Hugs and kisses to you all - this is such a great support group!

Daniela [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Welcome and I am like you...I had no clue this was a phobia until September when Dr. Phil had it on his show. I truly thought I was freak and I was weird. I am weird and I know that, but at least I have all of the people here to make me feel better. I am sorry that you have this phobia, but gald you found all of us. I am 41 and have been this way all my life. it is tough and I understand the panic. I have never been on meds for it, but I am going to my medical dr. for a check up in December and I am going to discuss getting on something. i feel like I am making my family suffer and I hate that. I don't like feeling this way, but making my family put up with it is not necessary.

again, welcome and hope you enjoy being here as much as I do
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

Welcome Daniela!

38 yrs old here too, and have had this as long as i can remember. Thank goodness for Dr. Phil's show, cuz apparently many of us on here first discovered that others had this and that it actually had a name!!

I was on meds too, for many years for this, until recently. I decided to try life without it and see how far i can get hehe! I have to tell you that since finding this wonderful site and realizing how NOT alone i really am, has helped me more than i can say! I find it much easier to get through rough times. Probably because i know that there is someone else (infact MANY) who may be going through the exact same thing, at the same time! So that, in itself is extremely comforting!

Take heart in knowing you're not alone :-)

God bless you and welcome again!

Paula
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

hey daniela! welcome! another aussie [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] yay... im from toowoomba, its about an hour and half away from brisbane... i was in melbourne a few weeks ago.. beautiful city! well welcome to the site and i hope u gain as much out of it as i hav[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

stef - everything happens for a reason

hello daniela! I am new here too and also from Australia! I come from Lithgow which is near the Blue Mountains in NSW. I only discovered emetophobia 5 days ago but have had it since i was about 5 and am now 16.

Im so happy that im not the only one with this fear. School seems like it is the hardest place to be when you are going through a bad time and this is the best place to come to make you feel better

bill[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Hi Guys, thanks so much for your replies! Stef and Bill - great to hear from you! I am sure there are heaps of Aussies out there with the same phobia! I am still trying to work out how to move around this website so maybe I can email you individually.

I also only found out about this phobia on Dr Phil's show - can you believe it!!! I actually burst into tears! It was aired in Australia around mid October and my hubby and I were on holiday in Broome at the time (for those of you who don't know, Broome is in Western Australia).

I love travelling and actually I really want to move to Queensland - I have heard Toowoomba is really beautiful with lots of gardens? I love the heat - bring it on!

Thanks again for all your support,

Love Daniela xxxx

yes queensland is THE BEST!!! i love it here.. the beaches are BEAUTIFUL... and the heat i love the heat here... yre woomby (toowoomba) is well known for its gardens.. its a neat lil town... great to grow up in... n if u suffer from anxiety from this phobia its even better cos its not too big! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] i love it<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();