Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have been so tired with this pregnancy so far. I work as a RN and come in contact with so much different stuff...I am tired of it. I dont want to do it anymore. UGH! I am pregnant and dont wanna get sick and dont wanna bring anything home to my family either. I work 3pm-11:30pm and just HATE it. I really wanna stay home with my kids.

The place that I work is an acute short term rehab and they usually come from the hospital and bring nasty nasty germs with them. We have so many on isolation. Its amazing...all those "super bugs" out there. They can leap tall buildings![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] This place has also had Norwalk go through it for the past 2 years. I am so scared of that. Its happened in February both years![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Thanks for listening.

Is it the phobia talking or would *YOU* rather be doing something else?

You got it! The phobia is talking.

Whether it's your phobia talking or not...maybe it would be wise for you to pack it in there....even for the time being, until you have your baby. Emet or not, why risk getting yourself sick (especially being Emet and pregnant) or possibly bringing something home to your family. What does your hubby think about how you feel? Maybe you can take a break from working all together until your able to get back to it after baby comes :-)
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Hey, just letting you know I feel your pain. I'm not a nurse, but I work in a nursing home and every stinking year the bug goes through. Last year I caught it (no v* for me, fought it). Maybe we can talk each other down this year . Is there any way your family can afford for you to quit? Or find a nice non-panic-provoking job like in a dermatologist's office or something? LOL
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

First off, CONGRADULATIONS! I bet you look stunning with your belly-bump!

Second, where did you get your cute pregnant dolly? I love those!

Lastly, stick to your prevention protocols. One day at a time girl, and try not to think about tomorow, or you will loose today worrying about tommorow, and today, right now, is what matters.

<font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

Sparky,

Thank you! You are so right about the worry. It consumes me!

I feel like a raging b$#ch! Its awful. I am having excessive thirst UGH!

I love those dollys too. I cant remember where I got it...

Madisonsmom...how can you be a nurse and be emet? I'm just curious...aren't you around vomiting people from time to time? I am not a nurse but work in a hospital and always have. I have always envied the nurses thinking how can they stand to be around vomiting patients.