Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Nausea caused by anxiety

Hi guys
    I faced my abusive ex-partner in court today. It was an initial hearing that went well, we got the result we wanted.
    But tonight I am really suffering. I've had a complete emotional meltdown and my stomach is in knots. I feel genuinely s*.
    I barely slept last night from worry, had an early start, I've hardly eaten today, and a had about three drinks in the pub (with a hot meal). I feel horrific. I know I need to eat and sleep to stop myself feeling any more anxious but it's easier said than done.
    I really do feel sick. I can't stop shaking. I know it's anxiety that's making my body feel this way but I have no idea what to do to make it stop.

Default Re: Nausea caused by anxiety

What's your favorite food? Start with a lil bit of that. Possibly something light. If not, try some Greek Yogurt, it's super tasty!

Default Re: Nausea caused by anxiety

Chicken Wing Test!

Think of some of your favorite foods - if they seem appetizing, you're probably okay. ;P

If I'm not sure what I'm feeling I think of chicken wings - they're so STRONG smelling and greasy and delicious. Usually once I get a wiff I need to eat one. So I think, "If there were wings here right now, would I eat one?" And if the answer is yes, I know I'm not really ill. LOL
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ