Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Passed out during massive attack!

So I knew going to bed tonight I wasn't feeling the best. I took a 25mg Phenergan as soon as I laid down. Less than 30 minutes later I woke up out of a very light sleep with all the fun racing heart, nausea, shaking terribly, feeling burning hot & sweating, all of my normal symptoms of a normal panic attack that woke me out of my sleep (happens often throughout the year). I got up & walked to the living room to get my car keys & go outside where it's cold to cool down and relax, possibly go for a drive if it would help. My husband woke up and followed me out just in time, my whole body was tingling, shaking uncontrollably, sweating through my clothes in 40 degree weather, couldn't see or hear anything, everything went fuzzy & I went out cold. All I could remember thinking was how nauseated I felt was worse than just normal everyday nausea & praying that if I was going to V* to just let it hurry up & happen so this would stop. My husband leaned me up against the freezing car door & lifted my shirt back to put my skin on the cold steel because I was burning to the touch. This has only happened two or so other times in my life where I've felt so sick & completely lost all control over my body. It's so scary & even when I explain it to my doctor she just calls it an "anxiety attack" but this is so much more! Has this ever happened to anyone else??

Default Re: Passed out during massive attack!

Hey, I'm really sorry this happened to you, it is really awful I have had this happen to me once or twice, thankfully it doesn't happen very often though. Had all the usual symptoms of a panic attack but then I start burning up, my hands and feet go entirely numb, and the nausea gets so extreme, I never know until the last minute if I am going to v* or pass out, I would much rather pass out though. Did you find the feeling of nausea lasted even after you came round? I usually get that, I am always scared to move in case it makes me v*. I wish I could suggest something to help but I'm not really sure why it happens myself, perhaps could be to do with survival instinct- we are so scared of being ill and the nausea is much stronger than usual that our bodies just shut down in order to stop being ill? I could be wrong, but either way, this seems to be a rare occurrence for me so hopefully it won't happen to you very often, if at all. Hope you are feeling better now and I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. xo