Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Anxious nausea or real?

So, every-time I eat a poptart, I get nauseated. I thought that the instances of my nausea were just flukes -- all 7 times -- so I decided to try one. After eating it, I did feel icky but, not bad. Had a minor argument, nothing major, but was enough that I felt my heartrate increase in my throat. That + icky fullness was not pleasant so I went into a little anxious attack. Took an Ondansetron and I thought the issue went away. About 5 minutes later my nausea sky rocketed. So here I am, nauseated and panicking. Tried to burp (gross I know!) to ease up any pressure in my stomach but nothing happened. Ended up taking 3 more Ondansetron tabs (4mg each, 16 mg total so far). They are dissoluble tablets so they are supposed to work fast, especially under the tongue. Nope, nothing yet so I'm here, still nervous and panicky with stupid strong nausea. I'm managing my breaths nicely I think. I'm controlling, kinda, my impulses to take further pills. I took a dissoluble pill and started grinding it to see if it helps with my anxiety... I'm honestly hoping I get the horrible cramps that usually follow this nausea. I can handle pain greater than I can handle nausea. Then again, in that pain, I become really suicidal, but, I don't know. Anxiety speaking.

Default Re: Anxious nausea or real?

pop tarts are gross and I am not surprised they make you feel sick. they are literally crap. stop eating them. you aren't sick, your body just isn't happy with the pop tarts. I refuse to even buy them for my son. gross gross gross.

sorry you feel gross.

NO suicide talk. Suicide over a pop tart? that sounds ... dramatic. No suicide. just don't eat the damn pop tarts anymore

Default Re: Anxious nausea or real?

Oh no no. I wasn't feeling suicidal at all. I was saying that I rather have had the pains that made me suicidal haha. Yea this was the last time I taste a poptart. They don't even taste good lol