Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation REALLY WORRIED ABOUT MY HEALTH (has sexual content)

Hi I'm a new member.
    I used to be on this site years ago, but went inactive.

Let's cut to the chase.

I'm 18, I weigh 215 lbs, and I've had emet since I was very young, due to an abusive environment as a child. Now I'm getting married and it's a month away and I'm starting to freak out over many things and I just need help...

To start, about a week ago I got the Nexplanon birth control implant. It lasts three years and v* isn't a side effect, which is why I got it
    Once you get it your immediately protected as long as you got it while on your period, which I did. I think it was the next day me and my fiance had sex and he ejaculated in me for the first time ever.

Then the next day I felt the urge to pee all day and when I did it hurt a little (and still does)
    I looked up urinary tract infections and I regret it because a symptom is v*. I know my mom and older sister have a lot of uti so idk if I'm prone to them.

And today, I went on a bike ride to get fresh air and it was before 28¤ F and all day I've been sneezing and having a runny nose

And now my body is sore mostly in my back, I'm still sneezing, and I'm nauseated from eating pizza.

So basically I'm scared of all this:

-Its possible I'm pregnant or going through side effects of birth control
    -I have a UTI
    -I have a cold (which isn't too horrible)

My biggest problem is that the uti and pregnancy symptoms are slightly similar. Do what do I do??? The implant birth control stops my period so I can't just wait it out and the more i think about all this the more I freak out! Plus I am incredibly stressed out about my wedding to the point to where I'm having stress dreams about everyone forgetting or disasters happening
    Anyway I need reassurance or something.

Please respond

Default Re: REALLY WORRIED ABOUT MY HEALTH (has sexual content)

I just read up a little about the birth control method you were talking about and it says v is an uncommon side effect. Any hormone birth control can have n as a symptom. If you're worried about being pregnant there's no harm in taking a pregnancy test. As for UTIs n can be a symptom but isn't always. I have been pregnant, and had a UTI at the same time and wasn't nauseated at all. My symptoms were pain with frequent urination, and that's all. Pain isn't a normal side effect of pregnancy. My best guess is anxiety/stress coupled with maybe a cold? maybe a UTI? If it hurts when you pee and doesn't go away after a day or two make an appointment with your dr and find out. Meanwhile cranberry juice can help get rid of a UTI so it wouldn't hurt to start drinking some. 100% cranberry only, no juice "cocktail".

Did you wash "down there" after he came in you? Cos I've fallen asleep once after sex, without washing, and it stung a bit when I peed the morning after.
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

I've had tons of utis when I was your age and never v* people generally only v* when they let the infection go on and don't go get antibiotics, so if you think you have one go get checked. Secondly is that the one that's inserted into your arm or your uterus? If it's in your uterus then getting it inserted could cause some discomfort down there. IF you were pregnant it's to early to be feeling n* from it

Quote Originally Posted by NicManri View Post
    I've had tons of utis when I was your age and never v* people generally only v* when they let the infection go on and don't go get antibiotics, so if you think you have one go get checked. Secondly is that the one that's inserted into your arm or your uterus? If it's in your uterus then getting it inserted could cause some discomfort down there. IF you were pregnant it's to early to be feeling n* from it
    Nex. is the arm inplant (I have it too).

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBaby View Post
    I just read up a little about the birth control method you were talking about and it says v is an uncommon side effect. Any hormone birth control can have n as a symptom. If you're worried about being pregnant there's no harm in taking a pregnancy test. As for UTIs n can be a symptom but isn't always. I have been pregnant, and had a UTI at the same time and wasn't nauseated at all. My symptoms were pain with frequent urination, and that's all. Pain isn't a normal side effect of pregnancy. My best guess is anxiety/stress coupled with maybe a cold? maybe a UTI? If it hurts when you pee and doesn't go away after a day or two make an appointment with your dr and find out. Meanwhile cranberry juice can help get rid of a UTI so it wouldn't hurt to start drinking some. 100% cranberry only, no juice "cocktail".

Thank you that did help me relax. After sleeping I dont think I have a cold anymore because I feel better but im still having pain after urinating, not during.

Thank you all. I am having pain, like a lighter is on right under my clitoris where the urethra is. And it only happens right as I finish peeing and it does hurt
    And the past couple times when I wipe its a tinted red, like when I first start my period but its only for one wipe. I dont know if its because of a uti or the implant in my arm that causes "irregular bleeding"

At this moment I am scared to go to the clinic and get charged for them telling me its nothing (my mom with lung issues and brother with gallbladder problems and sister with endometriosis have been going to the clinic a lot and I dont want to add to their medical bills bc we are on the same health insurance)

My fiance thinks its all in my head but the pain after urinating is getting more intense and lasts seconds and I've been going to the bathroom a lot today

If your urethra hurts right after peeing it does sound like a bladder infection. You should make an appointment with your dr. Also cranberry juice.

It could be your bladder, or one or both kidney's, especially if you are having back pain. This could be more dangerous than just v*ing, you should get to your doctor ASAP, or even an urgent care. You most likely only need a bit of antibiotics, but you don't want to put off an infection that could spread to your kidneys.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

If it's a bladder infection you need to get it checked and get on antibiotics. A bladder infection isn't a big deal but it will be if you don't get it taken care of, it will spread into your kidneys. It's not something that is just going to go away either

I've had many, many UTIs and have never V* from them. If you don't get it treated though it could spread to your kidneys, which happened to me once and I ended up at the hospital because I was basically peeing blood. Excruciating. I'm not a doctor but taking high doses of vitamin C has helped me in the past (like 2,000 mg a couple times a day). I can't say that it's safe or recommend it though.

If you don't want to go to the clinic, can you get test strips from the drugstore? Not sure what country you're in, but here in the States there is a brand called AZO test strips. You pee on it, and it turns color depending on the presence of infection. I thought I had a UTI a few days before our summer vacation this past summer, and used these. Turned out I didn't have one. But I did get several UTIs when I was around your age, and N was not an issue. It just hurt really, really bad to pee and there was blood in my pee. Antibiotics were necessary.