Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default i could use some reassurance.

so, backstory: my BF's kid got sick two Fridays ago with a stomach bug of some kind. BF was taking care of him the whole time, and told me he was pretty sure he himself was gonna come down with the same bug. He seemed to be healthy for a few days, but then on Wednesday of the following week, he got a migraine, then ended up getting super sick later that night. he was done by thursday morning. but THEN on thursday NIGHT his kid was sick again! BF never got sick again, though.

anyway, it's now monday, and he was kind enough to spray down his office (where i visited him) with Lysol before i turned up, but a) he also brought me food (didn't make it, just transported it) and b) he held my hand for a minute. he knows about my phobia and is reasonably accommodating, but I didn't want him to think I was a psycho by avoiding his hand touches or the food he brought me. now i'm panicking. i've been taking tons of vitamins (C, echinacea, cranberry) and doing that grape juice thing (ugh...i hate grape juice, but will try anything) for a couple of days now. I'm hoping i'll be okay. could use some reassurance or, if necessary, preparation for the worst. i just wanna be able to kiss him again without having a panic attack a little bit later. i love him so much--the entire time he was sick, i was more worried about him getting better than me getting sick, which is rare for me. but he didn't want to get me sick, so he didn't have me come over in that time.

Default Re: i could use some reassurance.

very very unlikely that you'll get anything. First of all it's been a long time. Second of all I'm sure he's washed his hands 1 million times and brushed his teeth. I think you have nothing to worry about. Poor guy and poor kiddo.

Default Re: i could use some reassurance.

hope you're right yeah, he's very careful to constantly sanitize his hands, and i know he's only doing it because he wants to make me happy...so i haven't had the heart to tell him that sanitizer is ineffective against noro. lol. so i've just stuck to washing MY hands after he and i touch (not immediately, cause that's rude as heck, but i don't touch my mouth in the interim).