Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Friends all down with noro, have to see them at a wedding in 4 days!!

Hi lovelies

im just new but please help!

Its tuesday here in New Zealand

on Saturday night we had a hens ( or bachelorette) party for a friend

one girl got sick, out of 10 of us this horrific bug ripped through all but three of us, I don't know how on earth I didn't catch it! The only thing I can think of the first sick girl went home at 1am as she was sick, all of the girls had breakfast the next morning but I missed it, by Sunday night they were all sick! I didn't have any contact with her after she first v* but they all did, thing is most of them didn't eat breakfast or touch anything she touched, they were just in the vicinity of her

Its ts now going through their partners/ flatmates and family's 😁😁😁

i assume its noro due to the sheer severity and it seems to have an incubation period of 3-6 hours ( never seen anything like it)

im still terrified for my life about it, number one am I safe now?

Number two:

I have to go to this wedding on Saturday coming they will all be there I'm so scared!!!!!!! Is it possible it will still be circulating my then??

Im in such a tiz about it I can hardly breath

Default Re: Friends all down with noro, have to see them at a wedding in 4 days!!

First of all, you're totally in the clear now. There's no way you'd come down with it at this point. Norovirus takes 6-48 hours to incubate, so I'm not sure what was going on at the party, as it would take longer than 3 hours for someone to contract it and start to show symptoms. Was she v*ing at the event on Sat. night? Perhaps she was spreading it around then, which would make more sense.

As far as the wedding, remember that the ONLY WAY for you to contract the virus is fecal-oral. So you have EAT the particles. If you don't touch their hands and wash YOUR hands before you eat you are totally safe. If there is a buffet use a napkin to hold the serving spoons. Honestly though, people shower before weddings so even if you aren't extra cautious it's unlikely that you will be exposed.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!! I love weddings.

Default Re: Friends all down with noro, have to see them at a wedding in 4 days!!

Thank you so much for your reply

its wednesday now and some of them still have stomach cramps and D*

also their family members and partners ( some of which are helping set up the wedding etc) are still starting to come down with it, one of the girls went to work for a few hours on Monday even after her d* and v* had stopped and now her work place is coming down with it

what is this thing!!!!!!

Its the first time my new boyfriend will be meeting my friends at this wedding and il be in full panic mode and not enjoying a second of it, freeting about every little thing... Is that person looking pale? How long since they last v*, did they touch that chair 😁😁😁

i I know bugs are fecal/ oral but it seems this is contagious from a mile away! One friend saw her family on Sunday approx 2 hours before she felt sick and they got it 😔😔

I know I'd be super panicky if I were in your predicament. People are still contagious after their symptoms stop. If they don't wash their hands they can pass particles along for a few days after being sick. That said, everyone will shower and scrub up before attending the wedding. I don't think everything will be germy unless someone there is actively ill- but who would come if they were?

I don't think you should let this phobia make you miss the wedding. Be conscious of what you touch and make sure to wash well before eating. Skip the buffet if it there is one. Remind your boyfriend to wash his hands and enjoy the day. I know it's tough and the anxiety will be a damper, but have a great time anyway.

Wow - that's so awful! I feel so sorry for the poor bride! I'm also in New Zealand - was kinda hoping we'd seen the last of Noro....where in NZ are you?

I'm with all above - as long as you practice good hygiene you should be okay. With any luck - by Saturday everyone should be better and those who aren't if they're so sick - my guess is they might stay away.

Wow! Im so sorry!! Just was your hands before eating and keep them away from your face and you should be fine. *hugs*