Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Angry Just Need to Vent

UGH. Why is it that some people feel the need to come into work while they are sick?! I do NOT want what you have, especially if you have been v* and are n*!!!! Also, it's a job where you have the option of working home so why the hell come in to work if you don't feel good?! UGH.

It's not fair to those of us who do our best to stay healthy.

Default Re: Just Need to Vent

ugh, that pisses me off so much too. I sometimes will speak up and tell people it's inconsiderate. It's not just us emetophobes that want to avoid germs, nobody wants to be sick.

Most people don't have flexible schedules or have time to be off with a bug because someone put themselves above others' health. Some folks have other health issues that make viruses a more serious issue. Also, company productivity and earnings drop when half the employees at home because one selfish person just had to come in and pass around the virus. Whichever angle you look at it from, you come to the same conclusion.

Default Re: Just Need to Vent

people are stupid in general. I also think that sometimes it is a pride thing, ie "i dragged myself to work even though I am throwing up every 2 seconds and running a 105 fever and dying"...idiots.