Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question My whole house got norro last week, am I in the clear?

I've been kinda panicking a bit the last two weeks.
    First my sister v*d last Monday morning, then just as we were starting to think it wasn't noro, my mum got it last Thursday evening, my youngest sister Friday morning and my dad Saturday afternoon.

Anyway, I'm sort of panicking because it hasn't got me yet, and I'm wondering if I might have avoided it, my dad was the last one to get it and he was better by Monday.
    Although I am still being very careful to wash my hands and everything, is their still a chance I could catch it? or would I have gotten it already?
    Would anyone in my family still be contagious now or am I in the clear?

I'm honestly panicking more now than if I had gotten the virus when everyone else did.

Default Re: My whole house got norro last week, am I in the clear?

It would be COMPLETELY unlikely that anyone would still be shedding the virus at this point. I always bleach/water spray for a full week, but even I know that's overboard. I really think that you're safe at this point. Sounds like your house is done for the season.

Hi LostNoob,

I vaguely feel like congratulating you for not catching the bug but probably shouldn't!

You should be in the clear in terms of direct contact with your family provided they've all showered (hope so!) and washed hands since the illness. They may shed viral particles in their faeces for 1-2 weeks so best just keep up the great hygiene (and put the lid down on the loo before flushing) but you should be ok with this one

You are in the clear. My whole family (kids and my hubby) had a sv* back in October, I avoided it, I even held the trash can for my youngest son while he v*. I just kept my hands washed and bleached and lysoled for a few days. It worked!