Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Family had a sv* a month ago, I had it yesterday are they in the clear?

Back in the beginning of October my husband and 2 kids had a sv*, at least I assume that is what it was. It was mild, my oldest v* twice (although a lot in each episode), my youngest v* 3 times, and my hubby once as well. Far as I know, nobody had d*. I somehow avoided it. Then early Thursday morning I woke up at 3 am feeling very n* I ended up v* once around 10:30 am and had d* the rest of the day. Today I feel almost back to normal other than lack of appetite and tired. Today is my youngest sons 6th birthday and we have a lot of plans this weekend for it. I'm worried he's going to get sick or my husband and other son. Is that possible? Can they re catch it? Or could it have been something different. I'm so worried!!!

Default Re: Family had a sv* a month ago, I had it yesterday are they in the clear?

LADY!!!!!! Geesh. I want to say that you guys are DONE for the season but it just keeps seeming to pop up, doesn't it? GOSH! Were any of the kids you were caring for ill? I can't believe you actually caught it. As far as your family as long as you bleached up the area where you were ill (you weren't caring for kids yesterday were you???), and continue to bleach/water spray the bathroom when you go #2 (don't forget the lid to the toilet) for the next few days and obviously scrub your hands there's NO WAY for them to contract it. You've done SO WELL! You don't even sound anxious in your post! xoxo

Default Re: Family had a sv* a month ago, I had it yesterday are they in the clear?

I know for real! No clue where I caught it from, I haven't been around anyone who has been sick (that I know of). The only place I've been the last few days is the grocery store and I'm SO careful when I'm in public not to touch my face until I can wash my hands. Maybe it was lingering on my kids backpacks from school or something. I did have the kids yesterday, one left pretty early and the other one a few hours later. Luckily, the one that left later already had it a month ago so praying she's in the clear. I'm just now starting my clean up. I stuck to one bathroom yesterday and one couch so it's not all over my house. I'm still having d* today so praying that goes away soon!!

Believe me, I'm anxious! I'm totally freaking out because my sons birthday is today, his party is tomorrow and were suppose to be going to a theme park on Sunday. I'm scared for a few reasons. I'm scared that other people will get sick from coming to the party (they are all insisting I still have it), that my kids and hubby will get sick again, or my d* will not go away and I'll have it while were at the theme park on Sunday. I'm already skipping birthday plans tonight. My hubby is going to take the boys to dinner and the movies for my sons birthday tonight. I'm going to stay home and keep resting and cleaning. I also have one our of the 3 kids at my house today but I'm trying to keep her quarentined. The Mom seemed fine with her coming. I have to remember not everyone is anxious about sv* as emets are. It's hard for me to understand that. Noway would I be going to someones house 2 days after a sv* was in it for a birthday party but the family is insisting I don't cancel and still have it. Thankfully the only kids that will be at the party are my 2, otherwise it's all adults (which are family).

Everything is going to be fine. Once you hit the 48 hour mark your symptoms will be gone, I'm sure of it. You won't have d* on Sunday. It also sounds like you're doing an amazing job cleaning, so the chance of anyone coming down with it are pretty much 0%. It's also doubtful that it's a different virus than what your family already had. I really, truly think that everything is going to be just fine. I agree that I wouldn't be going to someone's home that had a virus, but I must say that if I were to go to anyone's house it would be someone who has emet! At least you know it's going to be clean!!! Try to have fun despite all of this chaos. Goodness gracious! And remember, you've all had it now and YOU SURVIVED!!! You did spectacularly, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    Everything is going to be fine. Once you hit the 48 hour mark your symptoms will be gone, I'm sure of it. You won't have d* on Sunday. It also sounds like you're doing an amazing job cleaning, so the chance of anyone coming down with it are pretty much 0%. It's also doubtful that it's a different virus than what your family already had. I really, truly think that everything is going to be just fine. I agree that I wouldn't be going to someone's home that had a virus, but I must say that if I were to go to anyone's house it would be someone who has emet! At least you know it's going to be clean!!! Try to have fun despite all of this chaos. Goodness gracious! And remember, you've all had it now and YOU SURVIVED!!! You did spectacularly, friend.
    Thank you Syrup!!! Your so inspiring!