Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

please someone help me and tell me i'm wrong!!!

in this mad emet mode i'm in at the minute I have managed to convince myself i am somehow physchic and i am definitely going to v* this year and it's gonna b soon............ it is ruining everything i can't concentrate at work, i can't enjoy myself cos all the time i am on edge and expecting to v*

please someone tell me it's just crazy emet thoughts....... never had thoughts like this b4............

I haven't had those thoughts before. If I did have that thought I would think positive and say Iam not going tobe sick this year, I will remain healthy. If I were a physhic I would have picked the right numbers for the lottery.
    I don't know, just repeat after yourself and say this is going to begood year, the year I didn't get sick. The new year is in 52 days and when that comes continue with positive thinking.
    I have something for you to think about, I am going to PM you.

Do you mean this year as in before the end of December, or the year
    2006? Whichever it is, I bet you're only thinking like this because of
    the time of year it is now. You wouldn't be thinking like this if it was
    the height of summer and blistering hot (well, as hot as it gets in the
    UK, not quite blistering!!) Unfortunately when the days get shorter
    and the weather gets colder we start focusing on bad things and
    illnesses and such like....the reality of it is, that you are no more
    likely to get sick now then you were last month or last year - as long
    as you are sensible (food, hygiene, alcohol etc).
    Start being a bit more positive and thinking outside of the box - if
    you know what I mean?

Laugh, quick, before you cry....

this year end of december............... arrrrrrgggghhhhhhh can't handle these stupid thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks 4 replying i know you're right about being more positive and on some days i am....... but alot of the time i just have this feeling like 'i am definitely gonna v* this year'.............. logically i know it's mad........ who can say when we'll get ill??!!!!!!!!! but i just can't figure out if its my depression coming out in emet........... i just get this absolute feeling of dread.................

Hi,

I haven't really got any great advise but I just wanted to say I can totally relate. I do EXACTLY the same thing. It is so frustrating because logically you know there is no way of predicting these things but the phobia makes all logic go out of the window! I also get the feeling someone is going to die quite often or even that I am am going to die but have very rarely been right. It makes you feel ridiculous but I can assure you that you are not alone!
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

thanks for your reply Hale!

its comforting to know u go through the same things...... Like you say, alllogic goes out of the window epspecially when u go through a rough spell...... and when u get that wound up, you really believe the crazy things u're thinking!!!

thanks 4 making me feel less mad!! x x x

I think that w/ the sickness season here, you may just be anxious about being s*, I think that you will be fine. Just try not to touch your nose, eyes, or mouth before washing your hands, and disinfect surfaces in your house frequently.
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

kjen, i've had those same TORMENTING thoughts, but this was about 10 yrs ago. The only difference is mine was not about V*ng, mine was about death!! I convinced myself (at just about this EXACT time of year too! How ironic!!) that i was going to DIE, somehow, someway, ON or AROUND a special day....meaning it could have been Thanksgiving, my birthday (Dec. 1st), Christmas, or New Year!!...I swear i even heard an audible voice in my head saying.."Awww such a shame this happened to her on such a special day!"...I SWEAR kjen, it was TERRIFYING!! I thought i WAS insane!!! I was having intense nightmares about death, i became nearly housebound, i wouldn't go in a car with anyone..cuz THAT may have been my fateful death...a car accident!! Etc...But i WAS NOT insane...and neither are you for having those thoughts! What it turned out to be was my anxiety and depression was at an all time HIGH!! This was when i was first introduced to Xanax and Prozac and they were a GODsend for me!!! Yes i didn't like the thought of being on meds, but it brought my life back to me!!

Long story short...kjen, you are NOT going crazy, hun! You may be experiencing YOUR all time highest anxiety level! PLEASE fight it with your rational mind..that there is NO WAY you can know when you will ever V* again!! It's just irrational thoughts trying to scare the crap outta you...DON'T let it win! Do me a favor...and when the scary thoughts come back...LAUGH at them!!! I mean it!..If you're alone...then laugh OUT LOUD!!! or just yell SHUT UP!!! or BACK OFF!!! or even GO TO HELL WHERE YOU BELONG!!!!! Cuz this anxiety/depression/phobia crap is EVIL itself!!

Relax, take heart, and know you are perfectly sane, and not alone :-)

God bless you!

Paula :-)

For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

paula,

thanks for your reply..... it is comforting to know i'm not the only one who has these strange thoughts!! i'm sorry u had to go through thoughts of death though. that must have been incredibly scary 4 u...

i'm gonna try and take your advice and laugh at them when they come!! i find i tend to think these things when i'm stressed or really tired??

thanks again xxxxxxxx

I have had those thoughts all the time, but then i picture it and if i can see it happening, in a reality way then i panic, if i cant picture it actually happening in reality then it eases my mind a little, but dont worry about it cause it doesnt really work like that if you think about it, ive never been right personally
    .: tonight i\'m letting go :.

Kjen, you are quite welcome :-)

Yes, what i went through was completely terrifying cuz i was paralyzed with fear, literally!

But you see my signature below??? THAT VERY Bible scripture got me through it all!! I recited that over and over, each time the fear started creeping back, and i LIVE by those very words God gave us! That's why i chose to add it to my signature. For other's to know, and realize that we indeed were NOT put here to be afraid!

You'd be surprised also, that with practice...how much you can overcome when you can LAUGH in the face of EVIL! It works :-)

You are in my prayers...May peace come your way :-)

Paula
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

I always think that! And I'm like ... what if in 5 minutes I v* what am I going to do? Should I take a gravol or not? I hate it!