Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default extremely clingy 2 1/2 year old after v a week ago?

So....my 2 1/2 year old threw up last saturday...and ever since then, she has been really clingy...wants me to hold her all the time...wants me to carry her...wants to sit on me when im sitting down.....now....im almost 29 weeks pregnant and am high risk for preterm labor...so im not even suppose to carry anytjing over 20lbs and she weighs 35....and it is extremely uncomfortable when she sits or lays on me....and when i try to adjust her to sit with me without pushing on my uterus, she freaks out...idk whst to do here. i love her to death...but she is just over the top, nonstop clingy. i cant get anything done.....she has never been the "snuggly" type either...even as a newborn she never just layed on my chest to sleep...she has always been about her personal space....so im really not use to this...will this stop? is it a phase? Dont get me wrong, i love to snuggle with her and have that closeness with her...but it is really wearing on me having her pull on my legs and trying to climb up on me ALL THE TIME. any suggeztions?
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Default Re: extremely clingy 2 1/2 year old after v a week ago?

It won't last, try not to stress. When kids are down and out they take a while to feel back to 100%, during which time they get clingy. She'll stop. It's only been a week. I can guarantee you that a month from now you will barely remember this! Give her things to do when she gets that way, print a new color sheet from the computer, give her some string and shaped pasta or cheerios to make a necklace, anything where she doesn't feel that you're trying to avoid her but where she does have some distance and independence. Part of this might be the sickness, but this is also EXtREMELY common when a new baby is on the way. Like everything else in life, this won't last. It's just a stage.