Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Advice Needed ASAP

I am visiting my college town this weekend. I'm hoping to meet up with an old friend for a drink later. She said that her stomach has been bothering her for the last two days, but she thinks she is well enough to have a drink. (I don't know if she's v*d at all or if she's just n*. I assume it's not a virus if she hasn't v* already.)

Should I just not hug her in case? She has food sensitivities like I do, so that could be causing her to feel badly. She also works as a nanny to a toddler and she student-teaches, so she could pick anything up from the kiddos. Should I cancel?

I never get to see my college friends anymore, but I'm scared to meet up with her! Help!

Default Re: Advice Needed ASAP

go and hug is fine but don't put your hands in your mouth or share straws or anything. if you sit across from her at a table, you are fine. maybe suggest a short drink and say you are tired...have fun!

It'll be fine. My tummy "bothers" me for days on end sometimes, and I'll still go out. If she's really ill then she's not going to want to go out. I'm sure you're safe!
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

It could be anything - food intolerance, gynae issues...if you're really worried - maybe just say something like "I hope it's nothing serious"....she may elaborate. But if she's well enough to have some drinks I'm sure she's not contagious.

She's pretty sure it was food-related. Not fp* but an allergy or intolerance. We both have celiac so my guess is she ate cross-contaminated food the day before. She seemed fine when we met up!